AV8 Harrier. You guys don't want to miss this...

Axel40

Hey Gents,

Don't post much these days but I just would like to say if you haven't bought the Harrier yet then get it now. Sure, I'm late to the party but I have been 'training' my ass off with it and it' just amazing!

Obviously the VSTOL is the thing but also, you get an amazing module for $35 or £27..ish of our British Sponduliks.

What a great job Razbam have done. The Amount of Training missions are off the scale, not always as helpful as they should be but they are NOT lacking in content. I bought the F-14..as ya do :)

But since I got the AV-8 <<Love that :P It's all I been flying..trying to fly. Hey, just a heads up is all, if you have the cash while the sale is still on, grab it. Hand on heart, I reckon you will love it.

Most you guys already bought it, didn't ya...?:joystick::megalol:

boxxy-trollin.jpg

for dissenting opinions.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254358

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Help please

Hi pal, I took your advice and bought the harrier yesterday, i've flown it and its incredible like you say but have absolutely no idea how to acutally work it!. However, where are the training missions etc?? the operations manual? I dont see any of these??

can you point me in the right direction??

thanks

Hey Gents,

Don't post much these days but I just would like to say if you haven't bought the Harrier yet then get it now. Sure, I'm late to the party but I have been 'training' my ass off with it and it' just amazing!

Obviously the VSTOL is the thing but also, you get an amazing module for $35 or £27..ish of our British Sponduliks.

What a great job Razbam have done. The Amount of Training missions are off the scale, not always as helpful as they should be but they are NOT lacking in content. I bought the F-14..as ya do :)

But since I got the AV-8 <<Love that :P It's all I been flying..trying to fly. Hey, just a heads up is all, if you have the cash while the sale is still on, grab it. Hand on heart, I reckon you will love it.

Hi pal, I took your advice and bought the harrier yesterday, i've flown it and its incredible like you say but have absolutely no idea how to acutally work it!. However, where are the training missions etc?? the operations manual? I dont see any of these??

can you point me in the right direction??

thanks

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-av-8b-harrier-ii/

Hi, thanks, I must be running some old version of DCS or somehting as I dont see the Av8b bit atall despite having dowloaded it and able to fly it.

it doesnt appear anywhere in the training page within dcs?

Hopefully you've found it by now. :thumbup:

Anyway, when ya get yourself proper sorted let us know what you think. At this price, even in it's current iteration, I think it's amazing fun!!

So much content and so much fun to be had:) Kudos!

Hey Gents,

Hey, what do you mean training not as helpful as should be? ;)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Rut-Roh! He's poked the bear. Prepare to defend yourself Axel40.

Training missions work well BD. Augmented with Chuck's guides you can't go wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I take it you're not a fan then?

Fair nuff, just thought folks that are on the fence (or offence...:doh:) should take a leap. At half price, it is a nailed on bargain.:poster_ban:

At half price maybe, but not really a bargain imo. The thing is, if you just want surface level detail, bugs that exist for literally years and so forth then by all means. And honestly its fine for the first few months you own it since you are learning it. Then you start going deeper, reading the tac man and other docs and then you start to realize all is not well. Then you one flight you are like fuuuuuuu. Its missing xyz, and abc are bugged etc. And then some tosspot comes and tells you its EA or some bollocks, and you look at every other EA module that is getting fixed and updated faster/better. Then you rethink it or consign yourself to "it is what it is" but its certainly not what I would call "brilliant". YMMV...

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

This is the last place I expected to see a picture of Boxxy, but I'll allow it.

giphy.gif

Edited by Harlikwin

At half price maybe, but not really a bargain imo. The thing is, if you just want surface level detail, bugs that exist for literally years and so forth then by all means. And honestly its fine for the first few months you own it since you are learning it. Then you start going deeper, reading the tac man and other docs and then you start to realize all is not well. Then you one flight you are like fuuuuuuu. Its missing xyz, and abc are bugged etc. And then some tosspot comes and tells you its EA or some bollocks, and you look at every other EA module that is getting fixed and updated faster/better. Then you rethink it or consign yourself to "it is what it is" but its certainly not what I would call "brilliant". YMMV...

And people are tired to talk to stone in the desert, like this section of the entire forum. You will find they let alone their customers

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

My Take, well kind of, jajaja. Nah its all about expectations: you want a module that is mission capable and fun. Ok, that it is. Now you want a real depiction of harrier operations by the book, its seems its not. bugged, yeah but what is not in DCS? and f its not, wait for the next update LOL...

It is what it is: Are there better modules? hell yeah. Is it mission capable and fun? also hell yeah.

Is ti going to be perfect some day? well Who knows? right now I don´t eve know if the Hornet is going to be perfect one day...

Very well said.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

I used to be a Su-25T fan, flew it for years. Now I am hooked to to the Harrier. To me its a modernized Su-25T. Both planes are fuelhungry, can take a fair amount of punishment, but the harrier is much quicker accelerating if needed. Disadvantage is the rather limited payload.

The Su-25T which can potentially carry 16x Vikhrs + 2x Kh-29T + 2x S-5L laser rockets, totally overkill and likeley never realistic, however Harrier with 4x Mavs + gunpod could be more close to reality.

In short get the Harrier it also does SEAD :)

Edited by pappavis

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Hey, what do you mean training not as helpful as should be? ;)

Baltic Dragon...Haha. :music_whistling:

Well, I mean maybe (being new to it) some of the stuff there seems to move on past and on=wards to something else...a little to quickly. Saying that, there is TONS of it and I will keep on keeping on! OK, I maybe slow in picking up these things as I have been a bit lazy with the getting new stuff.

I am not criticising any ways, like I say I love this module. It's so much fun!

Harlyquin, can we agree "at half price maybe"? ;) I don't know any better other than I love it, so there!:drunk:

Baco, you know you LOVE IT!! I read between the lines...:megalol:

Sarge, I haven't poked the "BEAR" as of yet. Give me time ;) I have just got the Mig 21 and I haven't even tried it yet. I have 'sat' in it and the cockpit looks amazing...It better be good.

Cornelius, Chucks guides are incredible. Better than the training ....maybe... ;)

Aaaannnddd Papavis.

Mate, love the Froggy. Prefer flying it to the A-10c, always have. Now, I can't help it. Since the sale the Harrier has taken over. Landing on the carrier etc and so on.

I also just got the F-16....Where is the training on that?? Yea, U-Tube and Grimreapers. Thanks you guys.

I could be here all day :book: Sorry gents! When ya love ya Sim, ya love ya sim. Right?:)