DCS F-16 Countermeasures are not effective enough

bennyboy9800

From my experiences with using Manual chaff and flare release, the F-16 is incredibly bad at spoofing heat seeking missiles. The flares release too slowly and when they do manage to release, only 1 comes out. If a heater is fired at a F-16 from less than 5 miles, the 16 can consider itself dead meat.

Is this modelled accurately? It has gotten to the point where I don't even want to fly the Viper until this gets fixed. Even when using the most effective tactics, I.E. Engine to idle and jinking with flare release, I only am able to evade 1 in every 6 missiles fired at me, whereas in the F/A-18 or F-14, doing the same tactics, I can evade almost every time.

Edited by bennyboy9800

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

You can change the different countermeasures programs by editing the CMDS_ALE47.lua file, located at :

\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\CMDS\device\

It's a workaround, but for now, it's the best way. I'm using 4 quick flares for IR missile launches and it does the job, most of the time

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

From my experiences with using Manual chaff and flare release, the F-16 is incredibly bad at spoofing heat seeking missiles. The flares release too slowly and when they do manage to release, only 1 comes out. If a heater is fired at a F-16 from less than 5 miles, the 16 can consider itself dead meat.

Is this modelled accurately? It has gotten to the point where I don't even want to fly the Viper until this gets fixed. Even when using the most effective tactics, I.E. Engine to idle and jinking with flare release, I only am able to evade 1 in every 6 missiles fired at me, whereas in the F/A-18 or F-14, doing the same tactics, I can evade almost every time.

While waiting for editing cmds and data cartridge to be implemented, consider to edit the lua file. Look for YT video from RedKite regarding countermeasure. Its explaining the Hornet but it basically the same for the Viper.

BTW, I've had no problem spoofing AR and IR missiles in Viper so far. It also depends on how you employ it thou.

Have a nice day.

Edit : Lol.... just few seconds late from Harlikwin.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I have just attached my OvGME-ready mod to easily adjust your CMDS for now to the profiles in my attached kneeboard ref pic. Obviously feel free to edit as stated above.

Just place in your usual Mod folder and enable in OvGME. I have also mapped the slap-switch to CMS-Left and use it as Profile 6.

F-16C CMDS Programs.rar

000_CM.thumb.png.1fec343345d5c848a9074a169dff378f.png

• Thanks 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]