Retiring Rookie Introduction - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-28-2017, 12:18 PM   #11
DeepDrummer

Reputation power: 2
DeepDrummer will become famous soon enoughDeepDrummer will become famous soon enough

Welcome to DCS and welcome to retirement. You are about to enjoy, as do I.
Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 16 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, BENQ XL2720Z monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA GTX 980 4 gig video. TM Hotas Wartog. MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.
DeepDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:23 PM   #12
MegOhm_SD

Reputation power: 11
MegOhm_SD is a jewel in the roughMegOhm_SD is a jewel in the roughMegOhm_SD is a jewel in the roughMegOhm_SD is a jewel in the roughMegOhm_SD is a jewel in the roughMegOhm_SD is a jewel in the roughMegOhm_SD is a jewel in the rough

A couple if ideas you might consider.

An option to get your controls off the desk is to attach the HOTAS to your chair. You can either buy platforms for this or make your own. Ofcourse that depends on the chair. This was my solution which I am quite happy with. I also mounted a mouse pad on the chair. (wireless Razor Mamba).

I dont know if you are thinking Track IR but if you do, go with the Pro which you can easily convert to wireless. This works well with a wireless headset. Who wants wires hanging from their head anyway? If you search a little there are some threads on how to do this. Some better than others so choose wisely. It is important to get the right battery. I have been using the same one for over 5 years now and it has never died during flight time.

Have fun building out your system and rig!
Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Powercolor R9 295X2 8GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 55" Plasma, Win 10
MegOhm_SD is offline   Reply With Quote