[Review] Simped F16/USB vs. MFG Crosswind

I just set up my brand new Crosswinds. A very first impression: They're even better than I anticipated! The feeling and the precision is just amazing. Even coming from Simped F16/C, the Crosswinds are easily better in any way imaginable. And as has been mentioned before, doing business with Milan is great, he's very quick to respond to questions and everything went flawlessly.

So far, I'm amazed. :thumbup:

Edit: Do you guys think we need a serial number thread like the Warthog Serial# Database? Or did I miss something and that already exists?

Edited by Yurgon

You won't regret that purchase.

I don't think anyone could find anything to gripe about with the crosswinds... price perhaps.

Software updates are easy and adjustability of the pedals is superb.

I think the most difficult thing about them is re-training your legs to be as smooth and precise as the pedals.

Serial number data base could be good.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have seen a lot of testimonials saying how good those pedals are, and that you should buy them, now we need information about how to WAIT for the pedals to be ready, once we have decided to buy them ;)

Especially for me, as I'm waiting for their fighter plate version, I don't want to have my whole foot on the plate. ^^

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

I have seen a lot of testimonials saying how good those pedals are, and that you should buy them, now we need information about how to WAIT for the pedals to be ready, once we have decided to buy them ;)

Especially for me, as I'm waiting for their fighter plate version, I don't want to have my whole foot on the plate. ^^

They are very well worth the wait, trust me. Crosswinds are in a whole nother league. These things are so smooth and precise, and so customizable, it is incredible.

I too was somewhat concerned coming from the Saitek Combats, to pedals I have my whole foot on the plate. My concern was quickly dissolved though, as I adjusted to it quickly and now seems almost natural to me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I and many others had the same thought before getting them. Then Milan sent one sample to me for testing and I was sold immediately. I'd recommend you get them and then get the new fighter plate version you can easily just exchange for the existing ones. Besides, LW used this design so its not that they can't do combat. ;)

These look even better and they come with fighter plate version too.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3801659/Rudder_Pedals_(_like_BF109F)#Post3801659

There is a reason why Slaw started introducing CAM profile in his newer versions. MFG has one from day one and is the #1 reason why I would recommend them over any other rudder pedals. The difference just can not be described with words.

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

About the fighter plates, the thing is, I'm flying helicopters too, and in helicopters we do not have the whole foot on pedals. In the small plane I'm flying in real life, the same ;)

So I'll wait ^^ Moreover even if I decide not to wait, the line is so long that we have to wait for march ^^

Meanwhile, I'm still using my racing pedals, throttle and clutch as rudder :) It works in DCS, and in x-plane (though only with a free plugin for x-plane, and it works without any plugin in DCS)

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

• 1 year later...

I received my Crosswind pedals Monday this week and I'm still experimenting. I fly both WWII and more modern aircraft and try to find settings that suits both. Rudder and wheel steering is excellent (I bought the soft spring), but brakes don't feel quite right yet. I found the brakes very hard especially for WWII where you have to tiptoe for differential braking..

I have now changed the pedal angle from 20° to 30°. I have set the brakes to the softest position and they still feels significantly harder than my CH Pro. I wonder if Milan could not produce a set of softer springs for the brakes. From a design point of view I'm sure it's possible. I would buy!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I originally had bolted an extension to the wall stand offs but in the end I found that the crosswinds loved a more solid mount as well as a very solid mount for the seat of the pedal operator. An old door with pedals and an amazingly solid, comfortable, fully adjustable, $25 at an auto wreckers, seat. It is definitely my favourite seat in the house.

Crosswinds. Flawless for a year and counting.

Simpit%20june%2027%202017_zpsyuwzvhyy.jpg

• Like 1

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

I originally had bolted an extension to the wall stand offs but in the end I found that the crosswinds loved a more solid mount as well as a very solid mount for the seat of the pedal operator. An old door with pedals and an amazingly solid, comfortable, fully adjustable, $25 at an auto wreckers, seat. It is definitely my favourite seat in the house.

Crosswinds. Flawless for a year and counting.

OFmFW4J.jpg

Gotta love your throttle and mouse pad supports! :D

Edited by Sporg
Had to remove Photobucket's ad. :(

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use