Radar antenna azimuth bugged?

Sybreed

Hey guys,

I'm still new to DCS worlds, but I have watched a lot of videos on youtube. I had a particular question about the F-5E radar, which seems to operate differently for me vs the videos I've watched.

When I use the F-5 and I'm level flying, the antenna azimuth stays around 0 degrees. The second I pitch up or down, the antenna azimuth goes in the opposite direction. So, if I pitch up 10 degrees, the azimuth will go down 10 degrees, etc, as if to maintain a 0 degrees azimuth at all times. In other words, the azimuth isn't following the aircraft nose.

In the videos I've watched, I've seen pilots do all kinds of maneuver and the antenna azimuth would always stay at 0 degrees.

Did I touch something that broke my radar? Did they patch the radar so now it functions this way ? (videos were around a year old)

Thank you!

There is an auto aquisition mode (dogfight mode) that is fixed with respect to the nose. I think the intent with the F-5's regular mode is that it's for searching for aircraft beyond weapons range and not to be used in combat or aggressive maneuvering.

If you want to lock something other than a non maneuvering transport or something, use dogfight mode. That's my experience anyway.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I would like to know if the antenna is gyro stabilised to stay on the horizon regardless of pitch changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

yes, it's horizon stabilized in search mode. you wouldn't have an elevation control if it wasn't.

so if I pitch to 20° nose up above the horizon, without touching the elevation radar wheel, it will stay at -20° relative to ARL (my nose)?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.