UltraMFCD 3.0 is coming - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-11-2020, 10:41 PM   #81
Sgt_Baker

It's still 50/50 as to whether ED/DCS is actually psychotic. Not at all enjoyable.

https://ultramfcd.com
Sgt_Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:52 PM   #82
hansangb
Veteran

I don't think I got what you're trying to do regarding freemium and paying ED? Are you trying to incentivize ED into working with you?

The other alternative would be to crowdfund it. I find that people tend to say "I support it.." until it's time to pay. By crowdfunding it, it eliminates that possibility. And it doesn't interfere with any "free" models (like limited to one plane??) if you want to go down that road.

I'm OK as is with extracting it manually, but I can completely understand why people are clamoring for this. I wish you the best of luck!
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:41 PM   #83
Sgt_Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansangb View Post
I don't think I got what you're trying to do regarding freemium and paying ED? Are you trying to incentivize ED into working with you?

The other alternative would be to crowdfund it. I find that people tend to say "I support it.." until it's time to pay. By crowdfunding it, it eliminates that possibility. And it doesn't interfere with any "free" models (like limited to one plane??) if you want to go down that road.

I'm OK as is with extracting it manually, but I can completely understand why people are clamoring for this. I wish you the best of luck!
It's more that people are clamouring to pay. I'm quite happy to carry on as is. The least of my interests is to introduce a complicated - both to conceive and maintain - freemium model in terms of that which already exists in uMFCD. So what to do with monies hypothetically paid by those whom insist?

The best, any only idea, I've considered generally viable is to use funds to persuade ED to pay a tiny bit of attention to uMFCD. A day's work of a single developer on their end removes 100 days of a single developer on this end.

Or, with the pending apocalypse, could just spend it on hookers and crack. Although I hear bad things about both of those.

So when optional payments are implemented (which I could set up today, independently of any "crowdfunding" platform) what to do with the pot of cash? Start a hedge fund? In which videos are posted online of people admiring hedges?

Help me here!

--Baker

Old 03-16-2020, 03:43 PM   #84
TWC_SLAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Baker View Post
It's more that people are clamouring to pay. I'm quite happy to carry on as is. The least of my interests is to introduce a complicated - both to conceive and maintain - freemium model in terms of that which already exists in uMFCD. So what to do with monies hypothetically paid by those whom insist?

The best, any only idea, I've considered generally viable is to use funds to persuade ED to pay a tiny bit of attention to uMFCD. A day's work of a single developer on their end removes 100 days of a single developer on this end.

Or, with the pending apocalypse, could just spend it on hookers and crack. Although I hear bad things about both of those.

So when optional payments are implemented (which I could set up today, independently of any "crowdfunding" platform) what to do with the pot of cash? Start a hedge fund? In which videos are posted online of people admiring hedges?

Help me here!

--Baker
Sarge,

Have you ever considered standup comedy as a profession?

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 500GB SSD, ASUS B250 MB, Intel i7 7700 3.6ghz CPU, GTX 1080 GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 49" 4K 60hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, 2xCougar MFDs, 2xPRDevices MFD Backlights, Voice Attack.
TWC_SLAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:00 PM   #85
Sgt_Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWC_SLAG View Post
Sarge,

Have you ever considered standup comedy as a profession?
I have, although most of my jokes concern erectile dysfunction.

Old 03-16-2020, 04:09 PM   #86
TWC_SLAG

Quote:
I have, although most of my jokes concern erectile dysfunction.
HA. I think you have proved my point.

Looking forward to uMFCD.

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 500GB SSD, ASUS B250 MB, Intel i7 7700 3.6ghz CPU, GTX 1080 GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 49" 4K 60hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, 2xCougar MFDs, 2xPRDevices MFD Backlights, Voice Attack.
TWC_SLAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:33 AM   #87
hansangb
Veteran

Quote:

Help me here!

--Baker
I got you. If you need the attention of ED, it'll be easier if you start making money. Hell, offer a split to incentivize them. But I understand that it's hard to work on code that you're not privy to and vice versa. Meaning it's an uphill to work with independents because of the potential fracturing of the code train.

But I wish you all the luck!
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:52 AM   #88
pocketedition

I heard mention of hookers and crack, I'm in.

But what's this uMFCD thing?
pocketedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:40 AM   #89
Sgt_Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketedition View Post
I heard mention of hookers and crack, I'm in.

But what's this uMFCD thing?
Wow, do I have disappointment for you.

Old 03-17-2020, 03:19 PM   #90
AggressorBLUE

Surprised and disappointED hasn't 'returned your calls'; this mod wouldn't directly conflict with anything they're doing (eg you're not releasing a flyable F-16...), and this instead builds on work they're already doing.

To them, I say, Why can't this be sold alongside other mods on the main DCS site?

I mean, over the shoulder go-pro videos on youtube showing folks flying Hornets off aircraft carriers with a battery of tablets and screens in front of them shows how serious this simulation can be.

In any event, devoid of direct support from ED, my $0.02:
-Plan to release a new major version each year (I'd even name them by year, eg. instead of MFCD 3.0, call it "MFCD 2020")
-Essentially treat that yearly purchase as a subscription that gets a year of 'support' in keeping up with DCS updates as best able.
-At close of the year, Version 2020 will still work, but will be locked to supporting whatever the last stable build of the year is(or at least that's the plan). If it breaks, V22020 remains broken...
...And V2021 will start the support cycle again. with a fresh round of funding to keep your work going.

It's a guarantee that some overly-entitled folks will b***h about it, but I choose to hope that the more mature among us will 'get it' that constantly evolving software isn't free.

And I'm willing to pay more than $0.02

where do i sign up for the beta

Sorry, one random question: why do you need to spend the hours of starting at matrix code? does the 'normal' lua file fiddling to export not work? I always thought the app was 'just' a WYSIWYG type interface to automate that.
AggressorBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote