UltraMFCD 3.0 is coming - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-26-2020, 12:38 PM   #41
Sgt_Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyelmo View Post
Nice, can't wait for it. When do you it will be ready for release? I really need this

Send from my space device outside the terrestrial environment
There's perhaps another day or two of work to bring uMFCD back to the state it was in previously. Obviously this would include the F/A-18C with support for the three main displays, with secondary (RWR, Engines) instruments to follow.

https://ultramfcd.com
Sgt_Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:18 PM   #42
eriks71

Wonderfull. So it will support the A-10C, F-16C and the F-18C if I followed it all correctly?
Will there be a 'beta' status like before or will you now accept some money?

Anyway, thanks for bringing umfcd back Sgt. Baker.
eriks71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:10 AM   #43
flyelmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Baker View Post
There's perhaps another day or two of work to bring uMFCD back to the state it was in previously. Obviously this would include the F/A-18C with support for the three main displays, with secondary (RWR, Engines) instruments to follow.
Wonderful news thanks for all the effort you are putting on this community

Send from my space device outside the terrestrial environment
Oculus Rift-S | Monitor ASUS ROG Swift PG43UQ | Track IR 5 | VPC MongoosT-50CM Base/CM2 Grip & VPC MongoosT-50CM Thottle | MFG Crosswinds | Stream Deck XL | Buddy-Fox UFC | Thustmaster MFDs | Windows 10
flyelmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:02 AM   #44
Sgt_Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriks71 View Post
Wonderfull. So it will support the A-10C, F-16C and the F-18C if I followed it all correctly?
Will there be a 'beta' status like before or will you now accept some money?

Anyway, thanks for bringing umfcd back Sgt. Baker.
At present uMFCD 3.0 supports the following (copypasta): A-10C MFCDs ,A-10C CDU, A-10C RWR, A-10C CMSC, A-10C Clock, Kneeboard (both uMFCD and DCS), KA-50 ABRIS, KA-50 SHKVAL, Su-25T SHKVAL, Su-27 & Su-33, Mig-29A/G/S, F-15C Radar, F-15C TEWS, A-10A LITENING, F/A-18C L&R MDI and F/A-18C AMPCD.

Haven't even downloaded F-16 yet, but assume integration will be on a par with that required for the F/A-18C.

As you can probably tell from this screenshot, where certain displays are clearly out of position, it's not a simple matter of fixing the fundamental workings of uMFCD. Every time ED makes changes to DCS's rendering internals we need to go through every single display tweaking stuff and ensuring they work and appear as intended. It's been quite the effort in this instance.

Now, as for "beta" status, it all depends how desperate you are. I could release 3.0 tomorrow although it would be functionally identical to previous versions with the addition of F-18 and radio logging support. I'll gladly accept money (with a massive caveat emptor**) from whomsoever wishes to part with it, and indeed now have all the in-house infrastructure in place to do so without relying on janky third-party solutions like Patreon. It's not a massive amount of work to de-beta uMFCD, but wouldn't have occurred in the instance rushed release in the next few days.

Finally, I've made an important strategic decision with regards the manner in which uMFCD interacts with DCS's core rendering engine. To cut a long story short, graphics settings (Motion blur and SSLR spring to mind) that ED are still actively developing have a tendency to completely break uMFCD. 90% of the effort to keep uMFCD working involves keeping up with minute changes to the latest rendering technologies and techniques implemented by ED. Historically this has massively complicated uMFCD's coding and rendered it far more fragile than I would like. In order to simplify things and render uMFCD more robust I've taken the decision to require that graphics settings that are essentially in "beta" on ED's end be disabled until their development and behaviour are stable and predictable.

--Baker

(** Caveat Emptor - may the buyer beware: Any monetary transactions related UltraMFCD shall be performed under the mutual understanding that Eagle Dynamics might, at any time, make changes to DCS that render UltraMFCD inoperable and that it may ultimately prove impossible to restore UltraMFCD to a functional state.)

Last edited by Sgt_Baker; 02-27-2020 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #45
POLARIS1

At the speed you are advancing with developement I would rather wait than have something half baked.
It's an exception on my part
Well Done !!!
And...Thank You !
Old 02-27-2020, 12:18 PM   #46
Sgt_Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARIS1 View Post
At the speed you are advancing with developement I would rather wait than have something half baked.
It's an exception on my part
Well Done !!!
And...Thank You !
I can see what you did there.

--Baker

Old 02-27-2020, 12:43 PM   #47
Guppy

Baker - have you reached out with ED on any sort of partnership regarding this Mod? This is something us simpit builders have been asking about for years.

Does it break the MP integrity check? I assume the F15 exports related to the RWR would, but probably not the already easily exported items (IE: A10c/F18c stuff).
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:06 PM   #48
Sgt_Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Baker - have you reached out with ED on any sort of partnership regarding this Mod? This is something us simpit builders have been asking about for years.

Does it break the MP integrity check? I assume the F15 exports related to the RWR would, but probably not the already easily exported items (IE: A10c/F18c stuff).
ED aren't interested in anything of that nature as of the latest of multiple attempts.

But these exports (and the upcoming network streaming thereof) do not break MP with the exception of your entirely correct observation regarding the F-15's TEWS which, just because I had to, I created to "see how the other half life".

Old 02-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #49
Sgt_Baker

And, to be entirely fair to ED, I wouldn't be too pleased with some random bloke messing around at the core of my codebase.

Old 02-27-2020, 01:41 PM   #50
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Baker View Post
And, to be entirely fair to ED, I wouldn't be too pleased with some random bloke messing around at the core of my codebase.
I mean, this is the core of any game that has ever supported Mod. It is unsurprising but disappointing that ED would brush you off. Whatever though... par for the course I suppose and their rightful decision.

Either-way, Baker if you need folks to help you test I would love to. If you take a look at my blog in my signature you'll see I'm very into exports and multi-screen setups.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote