Trim | I know I am missing something - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 07:02 PM   #31
Eagle7907

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Trev View Post
Takeoff trim sets to 12, regardless of weight, which is fine for a rolling field takeoff. For carrier takeoffs, you must manually set the trim according to the aircraft's weight (referencing the NATOPS and the CHECKLIST page in your aircraft).

That’s my understanding as well. For catapult takeoffs you push TO trim button then manually set trim according to GW. Field takeoffs, you just push the button. All takeoffs are done at half flaps. Okay, thanks for backing me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer
Eagle7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:07 PM   #32
majapahit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Trev View Post
Weight on wheels does not affect the light logic at all.
This 'balloon' bug has been there for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time, it's less after DCS fixes, but it's still there (not even me, I see others have that, I make sure I don't) and no one knows when it show up, but one can have wild guesses and WOW is one of them, try a too shallow pitch up to bounce on/off/on the runway and you'll see.
| VR googles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 32GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 40" 1080p TV | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |
majapahit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:59 PM   #33
Dragon1501

Good Point, I think I have just used Arcade Mode, maybe there is the problem. I placed a ticket at the DCS Support maybe they can tell me more about this problem. If you are interested in seen the Bug with a Video i can take a short snap.
Dragon1501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:25 PM   #34
Dragon1501

I love you guys srsly it seems the problem was that I had the main setting to arcade. Even the Autopilot is working like intended. I had the first good time in the horned, thanks so much! Funny tho Arcade Wikipedia: "Arcade games often have short levels, simple and intuitive control schemes, and rapidly increasing difficulty.". This wasnt simple
Dragon1501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:32 AM   #35
sebihepp

I am glad to help you. Have fun! :-)
Old 01-19-2020, 06:26 AM   #36
FoxxyTrotty

For anyone who doesn't know - you can "fix" this issue without having to land or restart etc...

If you're in the air and stuck in the nose up/trim up situation do the following

1) make sure you slow to 250kts (or less)
2) put your wheels down
3) pul your flaps to stage 1 (middle /takeoff position)
4) press/hold takeoff trim button for 1-2secs
5) problem fixed - clean up and enjoy the rest of the mission