Great carrier landing example

DaveRindner

French C-2A trapping on Charles DeGaulle. AKA French Navy's absurdly tiny small aircraft carrier.

However it shows a sight picture to practice with SU-33. C-2 does US Navy's (and French) standard 3/4 mile from ramp approach.

What are those painted trapezoids with segments. It appears to look like a traditional runway when viewed from distance. However I don't true purpose.

The French don't own C-2A Greyhounds. The title of the video says the plane is from VRC-30, the US Navy west coast C-2A squadron.

As for the painted area, all of the carriers I have been on don't have them so I can only hazard a guess as to what they are for. My guess is they are the hazard areas for the drawn out cross deck pennants. They are really hard to see from some angles at night and I don't know how good the deck lighting on this particular ship is but it is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"