ED e-shop and 2.5 campaing compatibilty: warning

Jolk

I just would like to mention that I bought a « 2.5 compatible campaign » through ED e-shop, being confident, and it was not (impossible to launch mission 3)

ED did a great job with 2.5, but tagging a campaign 2.5 compatible without obviously testing it, is border line.

I understand that some missions/campaigns have to be reworked, and I’ll be patient, but, ED be careful with your communication on e-shop, trust is fragile ????

Again thanks for the great 2.5, it is a piece of art, I really enjoy flying it.

Intel i9 9900K + 32GB DDR4 + RTX 2080ti

Reverb2 & Rift S + Warthog + Saitek Pro pedal

Sorry - Argo mission 3 - impossible to launch, error message: « Belsimtek F-4E module needed »

Greg is aware, thanks for his answer, very reactive.

Hi, I tried to alter the mission using Mission Editor but I get the exact same error "need F-4E" file :(

only way to slove it for now is to skip the mission editing Logbook (I found a post in another forum Thanks to Fearlessfrog !)

It is working I'm now at mission 4

Good flight

fearlessfrog

There is a file called 'logbook.lua' and you can use Notepad++ to edit it and set the current mission in the campaign. It is located here:

X:\Users\(YourWindowsUsername)\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor

The section looks like this:

["campaign"] = "./mods/aircraft/Uh-1H/Missions/en/Campaigns/en_UN-Pilot.cmp",

["status"] = "Active",

["history"] =

{

[1] =

{

["stage"] = 3,

["mission"] = "en_UN-Pilot_03.miz",

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["history"]

..so you'd edit the 'stage' and 'mission' values to whatever you like.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small tip.

If you want to play mission 3 then you can edit the mission 3 file.

However, be aware that mission 3 have a bug with the cargo that you need to move, so the suggestion above to skip mission 3 maybe is the best choice..

.. The problem with mission 3 is that the 300kg cargo fly arround like the wind, and even very small swing on the cable will make it fly arround like crazy and even above your rotor... You can start the mission, but you cannot complete/win.

I found the below solution here to play mission 3 ( or read below )

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm...es_f4e_module/

Open up the miz in 7zip or whatever is your favorite zip based program. Extract the "mission" file within. Open that up in notepad++. Remove the line ["F-4E by Belsimtek"] = "F-4E by Belsimtek",

Resave the file, make sure not to add any extensions. Paste the file over the old one within the .miz. Close zip program, launch the game, and take a shot of your favorite whiskey for good luck.

Otherwise sit and wait for it to get patched because it is already reported.

Edited by delevero

• ED Team

Hi

ED have made every effort to ensure campaigns are reworked if needed for 2.5, our campaign testers have spent a lot of time testing various mission, and as you can imagine it is a huge task.

Any 3rd party campaigns ( ie not made by ED themselves ) will get tweaked also but it requires editing by the 3rd party creator, any issues are being addressed as soon as possible and rolled out in future patches.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Say, I have a 2.5 related campaign question. I bought the Su-27: Ultimate Argument through Steam, back before 2.5 existed, and now it isn't available. I thought it used a Starforce key, how can I get it back? I'd like to try it now, but I don't want to buy the whole thing again.

• ED Team

Hi

If you have it on steam you already own it, so no need to buy again.

But if you bought it on steam, you can only use it currently with your steam version of DCS

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2