Update of the M-2000C Manual

baltic_dragon

Seeing a number of posts from people unhappy with the outdated manual and being responsible for the training missions for the module (that are closely connected with the manual itself), I am happy to announce that I have been asked by RAZBAM to bring the manual up to speed with the current state of the M-2000C module and prepare it for fixes that should come at some point in the future (like the new PCA, updated FM, or fixed canopy frame.. ok, the last one probably won't have any impact on the manual). ;)

As this is a holiday season it may take some time to have everything ready, but I'll get to work ASAP and hope to have the first version in the next few weeks.

I would also count on your support with providing feedback on which parts OF THE MANUAL are not accurate or missing stuff (apart from the obvious "not available in Open Beta" ones, which will be first ones to update). Please stick to the manual and don't open a wish-list thread for the module itself :)

As you know M-2000C is a very special module for me and I'd like to see it enhanced and updated. The first step on that road would be to update the manual and then to do the overhaul of the training missions and porting them to NTTR.

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear that.

I wish all the help from users will flow in this thread helping you to finish the job.

Thanks a lot.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Funny you mention this. I was giving some serious thought in doing this as well. Glad you are taking this on. I do some technical writing for my job so let me know if I can help in some way.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

That is good news!

I have just taken a quick look at the current manual, and this is what I noticed.

One of the things I most miss is in the systems description and diagrams visually explaining them:

Fuel system -> adding a diagram would be great

Electrical system -> this one has an incomplete diagram: if we do not know what devices are connected to each bus, it is useless

Hydraulic system -> adding a diagram would be great

Pressurization & life support -> system completely missing from the manual

FBW & flight controls -> A more detailed description of the FBW system, describing its different computers and diagram with the control surfaces they are responsible for would be great.

Another section that I miss is emergency procedures. It would be nice to have at least the most common ones.

I remember that e.g. countermeasure programs were implemented after the last update of the manual (and some other things) so it is obviously not there.

And finally, it would be great to have links from the table of contents to the page so you can go there just by clicking on it.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The worst section of the manual, that must be updated first is the VTB.

There is completely lack of indications functionality for such a basic instrument, Zeus made a basic description here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2986738&highlight=radar+velocity+range#post2986738

The description must be detailed, ex. that the intercept line starts blinking to warn the pilot that the radar contact can be lost, and also at which azimuth angle this happens.

Also the CCM chapter must be reworked. Although for the most of us it is obvious, for a newcomer even the symbology for each mode is not illustrated, a visual illustration with range and scan patterns would be useful

Some other warning indications are completely missing (even form the forums), such as the bip bip bip tone heard during hard turns, which is, from my understanding, not AOA related but stick deflection related

+1 for diagrams of basic systems

+1 for basic emergency procedures

Also different startup checklists, ex how to startup in quick alert etc

Edited by jaguara5

Awesome news! Thank you very much baltic_dragon, you really are really invaluable for the DCS community! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Looking forward to both your campaign and the updated manual. Thanks for doing this.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

such as the bip bip bip tone heard during hard turns, which is, from my understanding, not AOA related but stick deflection related

In fact it's both, AoA and/ or stick deflection. :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

In fact it's both, AoA and/ or stick deflection. :thumbup:

Do you see, i'm still learning on the M2000smile.gif.

The next question (that should also be covered in the manual to stay on topic) is what are the exact trigger conditions?

It's dead simple... manual should cover everything. full stop.

The function of manual is to be the first and last thing you consult with. There should be no information hunting and time wasting on internet.

I hope harrier will not be the same FUBAR and RB learn from this fiasco. Manual should be ready before the sim is released as all stuff you are simulating needs documentation in the first place.

• Like 1

There are some sections that lack a proper explanation of a switch /instrument functionality. I hope those can be fixed as well. Thank you for your work !

I support this.

I think that's actually a general issue with the way the manual was made. It does not have the level of operational explanation a pilot would need.

It'd be very nice to see those details added into our Mirage manual.

As for suggestions for the manual:

VTB should be a very in deph

INS must have 100% of its functions explained and step by step lists

There should be a clear note on every switch on the aircraft about its function in real life and whether it has a function in DCS or not. There are currently a lot of switches that are described but have no function and that is missleading for the user.

HUD launch zones should be explained for all weapons available.

Ill keep thinking more. Thanks for the work!

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

It's dead simple... manual should cover everything. full stop.

The function of manual is to be the first and last thing you consult with. There should be no information hunting and time wasting on internet.

I hope harrier will not be the same FUBAR and RB learn from this fiasco. Manual should be ready before the sim is released as all stuff you are simulating needs documentation in the first place.

To be fair, they released an early version of the Manual before the Aircraft was out..