104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

Can't tell, 2.5 also crashing for me as soon as I join a multiplayer server, same as it was the last 2 weeks with 1.5.8 for me... Hope ED can help me with it.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Excited to get home and try it out. Any performance issues yet?

No - at least not with my system specs. Almost everything maxed out: around 60 FPS. Some VR users reported 45 fps.

@Daniel_NL: I had (1.5.8OB) and have (2.5 OB) no problems with connecting to MP. I dont think ED will solve your problem. Is it ping related or did you experience a "DCS crash", did you sent a crash.log do DCS with the ticket

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

I think that you can't join MP with only 16GB of RAM currently.

False.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

well, maybe it is mission dependant, but I can't connect to anything that has lots of players/units on it. SP works fine and 16gb ram is definetly the limit for me, my ram gets filled and then it throws me from loading screen into main menu.

I remember the same phenomenon when ED switched form 1.2 to 1.5 (or sometime during 1.5, not sure)

The old 8gb standart for DCS wasn'T enough

I had to upgrade my RAM and it never went above 12GB even in the largest mp missions, maybe now we need even more (recommendet and minimum specs changed by ED a while ago)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

DCS 1.5 was/is perfectly fine with 8GBs of DDR2 memory as I was using on my old mobo, and so far it seems to be working perfectly fine with 12GBs of DDR3.

Join a server and just let DCS do its thing for next couple of minutes, when you get booted back in the menu, just join in again. Don't crash it, don't close it. Now the mission is in your cache and it will load times faster

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Hey guys, the loading issue is known, and although it might seem so, is not related to the server though.

On the first load, DCS will build new shaders, fxo files etc... If you do not get it, exit back to singleplayer GUI, reenter MP lobby, hit left alt + enter and try again. this usually helps.

also make sure that you deleted your options lua after the update in your saved games config folder and set your settings anew, since in 2.5 the lightning works different than in 1.5 and this might cause additional issues.

For most users the first load takes a felt ages, but the second one is super quick.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hi guys, there's few days (4-5), so in the 1.5.8 and also in 2.5, that I can't join 104th server...after double click on the server in server list, appear 1 second the loading's dcs page and it returns in server list....I've also done that: http://104thphoenix.com/integrity-check/ but it's the same...can you help me?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic128931_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

SO:Win10 64bit CPU:Intel i7 8700K@3.7 RAM:DDR4 46GB G.Skill Trident 3200MHz CL14 GPU:Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW iCX MB:ASRock Z370 Extreme4 HDD:

512GB Samsung 970 PRO SSD M.2 NVMe + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

Hi All,

I have very long (5-10 minutes) time for joining the server. After that I get some table headers over a field picture with empty rows. After that I am brought back to the menu or DCS just hangs. When joining to the server I monitored DCS process activity. It showes memory consumption about 4.5 Gb and property of the thread says that DCS thread is waiting for network IO operation. Some times when I was brought back into the menu if I tried to join again right away I could join in few seconds. But this happend one or two times. To other servers (Burning Skies) I connect with no problems.

Edited by Swoop117

Hey guys, the loading issue is known, and although it might seem so, is not related to the server though.

On the first load, DCS will build new shaders, fxo files etc... If you do not get it, exit back to singleplayer GUI, reenter MP lobby, hit left alt + enter and try again. this usually helps.

also make sure that you deleted your options lua after the update in your saved games config folder and set your settings anew, since in 2.5 the lightning works different than in 1.5 and this might cause additional issues.

For most users the first load takes a felt ages, but the second one is super quick.

Work for me.

Left Alt + enter seem to be the pinnacle. ????

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For any users that want to try loading the mission first in Single Player before joining the server, here is a copy of the mission - http://www.mediafire.com/file/tykurjk2y4jy3ji/1_Op_Longbow_v2.5.miz

Several users have reported this helps to cut loading times dramatically!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

This is the log when I try to connect to 104th server:

2018-02-05 13:09:57.154 INFO NET: client has started

2018-02-05 13:09:57.576 INFO NET: disconnected: 4 stream error

2018-02-05 13:09:57.626 INFO NET: disconnected from server

2018-02-05 13:09:57.627 INFO NET: client has stopped

If I try to each other server I join without problems...can you help me?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic128931_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

SO:Win10 64bit CPU:Intel i7 8700K@3.7 RAM:DDR4 46GB G.Skill Trident 3200MHz CL14 GPU:Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW iCX MB:ASRock Z370 Extreme4 HDD:

512GB Samsung 970 PRO SSD M.2 NVMe + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

;3380715']For any users that want to try loading the mission first in Single Player before joining the server, here is a copy of the mission - http://www.mediafire.com/file/tykurjk2y4jy3ji/1_Op_Longbow_v2.5.miz

Several users have reported this helps to cut loading times dramatically!

TY for providing the mission file! With 3300 units the mission is quite big.

First i am not an expert in this stuff.

I was barely able to load the mission in SP as you can see here :

eYG24us.png

Swap File usuage went over 100% at about 16 GB.

RAM is at 80% usuage.

I have a SSD so loading time was about 6 min. FPS was fine once loaded in.

After that i tried to join the server:

gBPBWEH.png

Swapfile stayed at 100% usuage but RAM went up to 95%.

Nothing happens until you see this:

7KbFmPl.png

and after that the mission end screen is displayed where i can retourn to mission editor :doh:

For your mission DCS needs about 8 + 16 GB for SP and apparently more than that for MP.

So for now people with 8GB systems can not join the server.

People with more RAM but an HDD will experience long loading times because their swapfile will be used more after they passed their max RAM mark.

I don't know if you can increase the swapfile size to more than your max RAM limit (not what you have, but what the mainboard is cabable of) your system.

Either ED finds a way to reduce RAM usuage per unit or maybe we will see the minimum system requirements updated.

Edited by RED
spelling

I have a quick question. I was on the 104th last night for the first time on 2.5 and found out there are no F-5s or Mirages in the blue side? Only Harriers and A-10Cs. Moreover why are the red side Mirages Chinese (just curious) they could be Egyptian since they operate Mirage 2000s

hpgmC9b.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Why am I stuck on 1-5 fps on the server for more than 3 minutes when I already see the lobby? Is the server stressed out? (I have quite strong CPU and fast SSD so shouldn't be a problem on my end)

Also, how many people have done team red GCI over the past days? 1, 2 or 3 ? Why is the slot unavailable? Without ability to join forward observer slot it is impossible to understand which base to defend...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Why am I stuck on 1-5 fps on the server for more than 3 minutes when I already see the lobby? Is the server stressed out? (I have quite strong CPU and fast SSD so shouldn't be a problem on my end)

Also, how many people have done team red GCI over the past days? 1, 2 or 3 ? Why is the slot unavailable? Without ability to join forward observer slot it is impossible to understand which base to defend...

Did you load up a sp mission? Are you aware of all the memory issues affecting loading times for all servers including DDS??

2dnmg0Q.jpg

Back by popular demand.

Operation Leopard is now back live for 2.5 testing! More old school missions to follow soon that will run alongside Operation Longbow.

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad