Crashes on exit after changing graphics settings to minimum

Worrazen

I think it wasn't crashing when I used it out of the box. Then I set every single graphic option to minimum in order to test CPU/GPU stuff, I managed to find a spot where I got 205 FPS.

While using the minimum settings and since then I switched back to my mid-high profile, it keeps crashing on exit. The application goes to desktop but says that it crashed, but it does not register on the crash reporter, so nothing gets reported, and the crash packaged does not get created.

NOTE FALSE POSITIVE: A few hours ago I have had too many things open in the background, memory has ran out, it crashed while loading and I mistakenly reported the error to ED servers (i should have hit cancel two times), it is not a real crash, it's a false positive. Package: dcs.log-20180220-053602.zip

Hopefully this is figurable whoever will analyze it, so not much time is wasted. The first clue is in the crash log when it says "not enough storage to complete this operation" - a bit vague but that should work. Would be a good idea if in every crash case the program should log the current memory usage, if it doesn't already somehow.

http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/SZonKPwI/file.html

DCS25OB_CrashOnExit.zip

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team

Thanks for the log, the team will look at them.

it looks like to me the display driver crashing, probably related to the memory issue ED are working on.

Fixes are on the way, but it is a complicated issue

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Model viewer also crashes on exit, not sure yet if it makes any logs.

The nuisance is that it doesn't remember window positions and sizes, I think.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I did a cleanup of user-compiled shaders (fxo, meta, etc) and MissionEditor data in both places as well as user MagVar files. And then repair. Seemed to help for a while but then keeps going on as I keep using it normally.

There were no exit errors, as soon as the first freeze with ME happened, it a also started crashing on exit.