About VIGGEN

Paveway333

Hey Heatblur!

-First off, I am not looking for trouble, bashing etc. I just want a dialog where we can talk with you our Devs and can be somewhat honest with each other.

-Second, sorry for long post.

Alright, first off.. VIGGEN. 
Bought it day one, started off really good with minor problems. This got mostly sorted out pretty quick, and then some time after this a new awesome texture change were made (https://scontent.fgse1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18527192_718558304998457_6041105304777461782_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fgse1-1.fna&oh=2da15c90c61d59d3204a4041427536e8&oe=5DC6CA9F). Sometime after that update I did not really expect much more besides some small things like refinement, working mirrors, pilot body, and of course bug support etc.. However DCS changed and became 2.5 Bugs went bugs came, textures changed etc (and that is normal).

Then came 2018 (01-03-2018 ) 
”Year of content” as you described.

It will include J-35 Draken (AI), Exterior Sound overhaul and more.

(YES!! I tought, maybe they will fix the afterburner sound loops, maybe they will consider adding an awesome exterior sound for when the thrust reverser engages etc etc, and fix some general stuff)

Well, many bug fixes were made, but not really much more content.

Fast forward to 08-28-2018 (almost 9 months later)

First renders of RAT turbine were shown

08-16-2018
 Cobra: 
Coming with the RAT in the patch after next.

10-09-2018 Cobra: New sounds, RAT and EP-13 coming before end of year.

8+ Months later..
 Here we are, middle of June 2019 with 2.5.5. (Almost 1 and half year after

”Year of content”). Still no Viggen pilot body, no visible RAT, no new sound overhaul, no J-35 Draken etc… What is going on? Is there really any work being made on the Viggen right now? (besides bug fixes)

Well, I hope you guys did not get offended by this post, it just seems sometimes like things is stuck in 80-90% completion so close to be perfect.

Edited by Paveway333

Yeah, I wonder too, what's happening? The RAT especially should have arrived long ago, shouldn't it? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

+1

we really need a status/dev update soon. I personally bought the Viggen in fall 2018 for the sole reason that there was major content coming and it being out of EA sooner than later. Like, I don't mind the delays but I simply want an honest statement from the dev. on where they are at and what is planned. Just making all these promises and then not delivering doesn't do anyone any good...

The following things should be "copied 1:1" from F-14 to the Viggen IMHO:

.) Mirrors (ugly implementation in the Viggen, a few issues, all reported in the past)

.) Tape player

After being informed about the release of the F-14, I knew that the finishing of the Viggen will take years, which - for me - was a logical consequence. Now we are there ... at least I was right with my assumptions.

Flip-side of the coin: HB aircraft are at highest levels in terms of quality and enjoyment.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Erm....the Viggen does have a tape player...o_O

I know :)

It is not implemented in the same way as the F-14, which is more "clean".

HB knows about, I am pretty sure!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Entire content team is focused on Viggen at present. Main focus is on completion of the full campaign, and other improvements that were delayed due to a lack of resources.

The Viggen will exit Early Access soon, far ahead of the F-14, and our resources are aligned accordingly.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Entire content team is focused on Viggen at present. Main focus is on completion of the full campaign, and other improvements that were delayed due to a lack of resources.

The Viggen will exit Early Access soon, far ahead of the F-14, and our resources are aligned accordingly.

Thanks! Looking forward to the J 35 Draken AI and pilot body :pilotfly:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Thanks for the update.

Great to get the information, great to see that things are getting done in the correct order.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

• 5 weeks later...
Any more news on this? Has been complete silence since.

Hi Airhunter,

our apologies for the silence. The campaign is closing to completion and the Viggen team continues to push towards release. Sorry that we have no exact date yet, as always we want to give quality priority. Thank you for your kind patience.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

It wouldn't be bad if they also implemented for instance the possibility of busted tires and the button for adjusting the elevation of the seat just to name a few details that I would appreciate :)

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

• 3 weeks later...
It wouldn't be bad if they also implemented for instance the possibility of busted tires and the button for adjusting the elevation of the seat just to name a few details that I would appreciate :)

Did you know there is a keybind to adjust your eye position ? it does the same thing as raising the seat :)

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Did you know there is a keybind to adjust your eye position ? it does the same thing as raising the seat :)

Yeah I know but I like having the button just like in the Hornet. It feels more realistic than to find a keyboard command, especially since I only play in VR. :)