DCS A/G radar mode

purpi

I can't find anything related to the advance of the A/G radar anywhere, there are no images or comments about the state of this system by the developers and it has been a long time to not offer users any related information. :book:

It seems very strange to me and makes me think that there must be some reason for incompatibility because of the ground mesh, it is known that they are working on a new terrain engine and this could be the problem with the A/G radar

APG-76-Spot-6.thumb.jpg.e142e393f3b787b4fa9c46798d4f2c64.jpg

What about the one in the Viggen?

Its their own A/G radar code. Deka has some A/G radar modeling too. I think ED is building a generalizable system for their models and 3rd party use.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

can these planes carry sar radars? it looks incredibly beautiful

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Shouldn’t the JF-17 have SAR? I thought I had heard that while we will have RBM GMTI and SEA 1/2(as seen in the video), they would have to wait for ED API to introduce DBS and SAR. Do I remember right koaqumba?

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Shouldn’t the JF-17 have SAR? I thought I had heard that while we will have RBM GMTI and SEA 1/2(as seen in the video), they would have to wait for ED API to introduce DBS and SAR. Do I remember right koaqumba?

Unfortunately, in the real world, China provides jf17's klj7 radar with a very high precision SAR (expected to reach 2ft)! This is far more than the coming SAR of F / A18 and F15E! But Pakistan is short of money, and their jf17 has removed this function. So, there is no SAR. Only dbs2, 32:1 magnification is of little significance

Unfortunately, in the real world, China provides jf17's klj7 radar with a very high precision SAR (expected to reach 2ft)! This is far more than the coming SAR of F / A18 and F15E! But Pakistan is short of money, and their jf17 has removed this function. So, there is no SAR. Only dbs2, 32:1 magnification is of little significance

Makes me wonder, does that work just like anything else bought from China? '2000mAh battery' or '120lm flashlight' or...

• 1 month later...

Is there ISAR in DCS?

Is there ISAR in DCS?

I have never heard of it in DCS. It would be way too computationally heavy, if implemented realistically.

Fly a steady course , speed, and steady alt with 11-15 degree heading offset to the target. ISAR then takes a snapshots with one bursts of beam at high power. Then the computer processes the image for 15-20 seconds, and presents a high resolution image to crew for targeting. Looks like scanning electron microscope but noisier and with lower resolution.

Doppler beam sharpening is simpler, and has lower resolution, but is more useful in dynamic combat environment. I do not have F-16 or F/A-18 modules. I am curious how either ISAR or DBS are implemented, if at all.

Well, the simulation engine already KNOWS where everything is, and what its radar reflections looks like. So it wouldn’t be a computational problem like real ISAR, you just make it look and act like ISAR.

But right now since all we get from ground returns is clutter noise. None of it is implemented.