[WIP] ACM BORE Radar not follow HCMS to where you looking at

Alfas

This is just about radar locks, and the videos in the FA18 weren't from me.

I was only interested in the time it took to lock radar, not anything IR related.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

When you are within radar gimbal limits, try putting the target inside the helmet oval and press TMS fwd short. It locks quickly for me.

I refuse to press TMS UP short as that is not necessary and a defect that has been reported seperately for many times.

Kind of like in the hornet once you are in helmet aquisition mode it is enough to slew the oval over the target and the radar will lock anything inside the oval at a certain maximum distance.

If you need to press additional buttons it is a defect, and since I get a lock after what feels like ages still, it is not required!

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

I refuse to press TMS UP short as that is not necessary and a defect that has been reported seperately for many times.

Kind of like in the hornet once you are in helmet aquisition mode it is enough to slew the oval over the target and the radar will lock anything inside the oval at a certain maximum distance.

If you need to press additional buttons it is a defect, and since I get a lock after what feels like ages still, it is not required!

tms up is needed under acm boresight since acm released till now(4/27). I agree it is a defect but after so long still no fix.:(

Edited by Evovcui
typo

what I observe is that when enter boresight with hmd turned on, the radar will point and freeze to the direction where you are looking just at the moment you press tms up to enter boresight, so indeed tms up dont lock tgt, but u need press tms up multiple times to adjust the radar gimbal until beam hit the tgt

what I observe is that when enter boresight with hmd turned on, the radar will point and freeze to the direction where you are looking just at the moment you press tms up to enter boresight, so indeed tms up dont lock tgt, but u need press tms up multiple times to adjust the radar gimbal until beam hit the tgt

Ok, than threads can be merged with for example:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=253449 (October 2019)

• ED Team
Ok, than threads can be merged with for example:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=253449 (October 2019)

Threads merged.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've just started to try this, and the "oval" symbol doesn't even appear...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB