Is F14 worth buying?

kaoqumba

Hello everyone! F14 has been released for some time. I want to ask you how you feel about this aircraft? What percentage of its progress has been achieved? What tasks can be performed? In addition, I prefer to fly a single plane. Is AI complex enough for me to give a lot of orders? To be honest, I'm a little interested in this plane, but I'm still a little hesitant. For F14, I don't have any special feelings in it. I just care about the function and value of the module. Please tell me: Is it worth buying? For a long time to come, even with the emergence of various new multi-functional modules, it will still be able to maintain its unique advantages, still have high playability and attractiveness? Like A10C, it has strong vitality and is still active today? I don't want to spend money on products that will be thrown aside because of new modules, because it's a bit wasteful.

If you will play alone, I would wait until jester use the radar because right now, you need to fight jester to get things done and its infuriating. There's no flight that I don't yell at him for its incapacity to use the radar. He does not search for targets for example.

The plane in the air feels really good, I like it a lot more than the fwb aircrafts.

ATM the only task you can do well is A/A, A/G if you have someone in the back and even then the TGP has an appalling resolution plus the non precise INS it gets VERY difficult to bomb vehicles (unless you dont want to id it). Also bomb a building inside a city is difficult too.

In general its a good aircraft and the RIO is very unique and fun.

It's mandatory , we are commanding you to buy it.

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

I only read the title not the post itself.

Buy it

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Depends.

IMO it's not the most effective aircraft in game. It does have the depth of weapons systems that say the F18 does.

Making up for that it is probably the most charismatic aircraft with it's peculiarities, and to get the best from, requires genuine dedication to learn to fly well (not me by a long way I hasten to add).

Personally, I love it, and would happily recommend it to anyone.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I don't want to spend money on products that will be thrown aside because of new modules, because it's a bit wasteful.

I play SP exclusively and completed already 2 campaigns and a dozen missions so it already payed off. I'm still looking for more because of the fun I had. That means it's almost completed and totally combat mission ready for both a2a and a2g, carrier ops, dogfighting, aar... you name it.

Nothing prevents you from ditching it for a new module though, that's life. But even if you spend 10 hours in it - it will be worth every penny :)

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Even though you mention you do not feel anything special for the F-14, you will soon realize it does have a special charisma.

I have many hours on several DCS aircraft... but none has the +40 hours I have logged in the Tomcat.

It's up to yourself to know if you have the minimum interest in the Tomcat - in that case I can HIGHLY recommend you buy it.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

You need to give it a try in MP with multicrew. There the cat really starts to shine... :smilewink:

As much as I want it currently I play mostly at night with my kid sleeping in the room, so I have to keep quiet :music_whistling:

OP: Don't you think it'd be a bit biased to ask such question in the module subforum? ;)

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

You need to give it a try in MP with multicrew. There the cat really starts to shine... :smilewink:

100% true

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

As much as I want it currently I play mostly at night with my kid sleeping in the room, so I have to keep quiet :music_whistling:

OP: Don't you think it'd be a bit biased to ask such question in the module subforum? ;)

Same. Except my kids are in the next room. Also, I want to upgrade my computer some more before hopping online

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Without a shadow of a doubt. And if you’re like me and have loved the Tomcat since a child it’s essential. There are some things that need sorting, I’m finding the experience in VR is not immersive enough because of not having the Virtial pilot. But was relieved to hear it’s coming to the Viggen soon so it will eventually work it’s way to the F14.

As an aircraft in the sim I find it extremely effective as an all round fighter. With BVR you put you enemy on the back foot with you’re Phoenix missiles if you don’t take them all with the Phoenix you have a situational advantage because of their resulting defensive tactics and I often find I’m able to take down remaining enemies with the sparrow. And if it does come to the merge the Tomcat is still effective particularly if you’re light. I’ve been successful against Mig23s flankers Mig 29s and F16s, although I have to say i find it’s tough in the merge against the F16 and Mig29. The attention to detail will be apparent if you buy this module, you would see the extreme effort they put into making it. The jester RIO makes it unique and a different DCS experience, I view it as a WIP still but I still love it and am happy to support the team in buying it. Once fully complete it will probably become the best of all the modules in my opinion.

Even if you have no particular interest in the F14 you only have to look at it externally. It’s one beautiful beast it looks awesome and it is so fast.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Answer is naturally all subjective.

However,

1. As far as the level of execution of this module - it's the best you can imagine.

2. is it fun to fly? - yes, very much. it's a wild bronco. it's just so alive and fun, but very challenging to master.

3. depending on what you do in SP, it can be very fun even with the limited JESTER you have today. (I.e "Cage the bear" campaign is wonderful).

4. in MP you have even more challanges as you can get a human RIO (or a human pilot) and really really have fun.. Landing on a carrier with a buddy is an experience for the RIO. especially in VR.

5. if you fly VR - This module is almost a must, it's really really immersive. (unless you are biased towards pilot body like westr up there :))

You get a lot of things with this module. Aar, carrier ops, high speed interceptor, dogfighter, bvr powerhouse, an airframe with some character, etc.

All beautifully packaged.

Unless you have a RIO slave, you also get Jester, and that might bring you some frustration.

The avionics are a bit old, but perfectly usable. That may or may not be your cup of tea. Forward visibility isn't great.

I personally own the Viggen, Tomcat, and Fighting Falcon. I almost exclusively fly the cat.

buy it!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

RIO slave?

Our RIOs take full charge of the flight, talk to AWACS and direct the pilot. Pilot is the stick monkey, at least until the merge.

OP, get the Tomcat, it's so worth it, for sure.

Well put, sir.

Anyway, I meant someone who's always at hand, not that the RIO's tasks are beneath me.