High AOA Sutter problem

Gryzor

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed it as well, it's very brief, but it's there. Only on the Viper.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm.. I don't see this issue and never have. Is it on all views or exterior only or?

It might be good to produce and updated track as the devs have to go back to the old build to play your old track.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Sorry I don't have F-16C, check out my threads/posts in the general bugs and performance issues section you'll get an idea that may help you.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team
Hi noticed significant FPS reduction but only with F-16 doing high AOA maneouvers at low speed. Its not related to graphics overload (in trk those reductions could be seen from other view - looking directly at sky -).

Those FPS issues doesn´t occours with other modules (F-18 or others)

I attach the trk file

Thank you for the track. Can you please create a track that has high AoA stutter in a less dense object area? I suspect the stutters you are seeing are due to the object density rather than AoA.

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this in our internal version.

Thanks

Thank you for the track. Can you please create a track that has high AoA stutter in a less dense object area? I suspect the stutters you are seeing are due to the object density rather than AoA.

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this in our internal version.

Thanks

Hi, in other less dense areas, stutter doesn´t happen.

However, in a dense area, the stutter phenomenom is non existant with others AC. I attach a zip showing similar high AOA maneouvers, comparing 2 tracks: F-18 (smooth without stutteing) and F-16, in the same scenario.

Something happens with CPU utilization with F-16, it seems that high AOA increase a lot the CPU usage (in comparison with other A/C like F-18, A-10, F-14, F-15...). EDIT -- In the F-16 track, its specially notiaceable just 4 seconds before crashing into ground, when inverted.

version tested: 2.5.5.41962, in VR (2.5.6 is completely unplatable on my PC - high end - 7700K 5.1 Ghz, 2080ti, SSD M2, 32md DDR4 3200 mhz, Valve index).

Sincerely, I hope to expect performance optimizations in near future, at least with the same level of 2.5.5, not worse.

Thanks

F-16 High AOA Stutter_2.5.5.41962.zip

Edited by Gryzor

• 1 year later...

Hi Wags, just notify that this bug, which has been fixed, has returnet in the latest version. FPS frame drops ONLY in F-16 during high AOA maneouvers. Only occours with F-16, it seems to me that was due radar altitude calculations:

Patch notes (DCS 2.5.6.47224 Open Beta - 16.04.2020)

• FPS Loss at High AOAAOA - fixed. Radar altimeter calculations were modified to improve performance.

So this bug appears again in latest version. Please review again and fix (maybe in future 2.7 solved due some flight model improvement???)

Edit: I attach the TRK file. It´s noticeable on the first barrell roll (when pointing F-16 down), and also in the last barrel roll (at the end of track replay)

F-16 Stutter.miz_4.trk

Edited by Gryzor

• ED Team

Hi Gryzor

I am unable to reproduce in 2.7 so please wait for the patch

high aoa.PNG

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to High AOA Sutter problem
On 4/11/2021 at 7:03 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi Gryzor

I am unable to reproduce in 2.7 so please wait for the patch

high aoa.PNG

thanks

Hi BIGNEWY,

This might be off the topic but your FPS is really good! And it's in 2.7 with new clouds? WOW! 

Could you please share your spec? 

26 minutes ago, SCPanda said:

Hi BIGNEWY,

This might be off the topic but your FPS is really good! And it's in 2.7 with new clouds? WOW! 

They are in his signature...

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• ED Team
3 hours ago, SCPanda said:

Hi BIGNEWY,

Here you go,

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2