=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

I suffered the same frustration when I tried to take off from Anapa. And the flak didn't fire one shot. In my opinion it would help if the flak were more active, and maybe there should be a few additional batteries. That would make it more like reality. Real air bases were heavily protected with flak batteries and for good reasons; because vulching was not forbidden those days.

Another option would be for Eekz to add some AI fighters protecting the air fields.

I would not object to vulching if that mode of operation were a high-risk tactic. Today it's an almost no-risk tactic and if people take advantage of that it becomes a fun killer.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The simplest option would be to increase number of spawn points to utilise nearby airfields. If you have one airfield for each side (I don't count krymsk with useless i16 which nobody flies, 2 P51s and couple Spitfires) it's obvious where people will fly. And AA no matter how strong, won't discourage from doing that. People will just keep waiting a bit further away.

You don't want to be vulched than you should change airfield. But for that week need more active airfields instead of flying same horrible mission that remembers 2015.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Alarm messages use obsolete coordinates

I find it quite confusing that the alarm messages (enemy aircraft sighted over our troops at ...) still use the coordinates starting with ZQ while the coordinates in the F10 map start with CK and DK and the numbers don't match the old numbers. The briefing of also uses the old coordinate ID's.

I would like to see the coordinates in the brief and in the alarm messages based on the current map.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Bf-109K4 has no 30mm ammo

I selected a Bf-109K4 from JG27 and flew off to a target area. Whebn I opened fire I found that only the 13mm guns fired. I had of course loaded the MK-108.

I tried this sweveral times, always with the same result. In SP the MK-108 does fire.

Is this a problem in MP or a problem in the Burning Skies set-up?

LeCuvier

Bf-109K4 has no 30mm ammo

I selected a Bf-109K4 from JG27 and flew off to a target area. When I opened fire I found that only the 13mm guns fired. I had of course loaded the MK-108.

I tried this several times, always with the same result. In SP the MK-108 does fire.

LeCuvier

I think you should ask in section dedicated to Bf-109, not in server thread.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

I selected a Bf-109K4 from JG27 and flew off to a target area. Whebn I opened fire I found that only the 13mm guns fired. I had of course loaded the MK-108.

I tried this sweveral times, always with the same result. In SP the MK-108 does fire.

Same happened to me just a few hours ago, the MK-108 doesn't work in MP, single player OK :huh:

For everyone flying the Spit that has been suffering through the engine just quitting on you for no rhyme or reason I finally had it happen to me right after I joined and took off (as opposed to in the middle of a very long track), so I was able to replay the short track and then look at the after flight briefing.

It is in fact a random failure! So no, we are not all going crazy. I sent Eakz a direct message asking him to look into and confirm that there are no random failures set for the Spit on this server. If he confirms it's not server side then I can submit it directly to ED as a bug with the short track and the screen shot showing it was a random failure.

I do doubt that it is a bug because I've never had it happen anywhere but on the Burning Skies server. Hopefully we can get this fixed asap, it's been killing the Spit.

Edited by Alphazulu

For everyone flying the Spit that has been suffering through the engine just quitting on you for no rhyme or reason I finally had it happen to me right after I joined and took off (as opposed to in the middle of a very long track), so I was able to replay the short track and then look at the after flight briefing.

It is in fact a random failure! So no, we are not all going crazy. I sent Eakz a direct message asking him to look into and confirm that there are no random failures set for the Spit on this server. If he confirms it's not server side then I can submit it directly to ED as a bug with the short track and the screen shot showing it was a random failure.

I do doubt that it is a bug because I've never had it happen anywhere but on the Burning Skies server. Hopefully we can get this fixed asap, it's been killing the Spit.

If it's on server side then it should happen to ALL aircrafts.. just sayin'..

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

The simplest option would be to increase number of spawn points to utilise nearby airfields. If you have one airfield for each side (I don't count krymsk with useless i16 which nobody flies, 2 P51s and couple Spitfires) it's obvious where people will fly. And AA no matter how strong, won't discourage from doing that. People will just keep waiting a bit further away.

You don't want to be vulched than you should change airfield. But for that week need more active airfields instead of flying same horrible mission that remembers 2015.

I honestly wish we could just make it clear in the briefing that vulching is prohibited and get rid of the base guns. Yes, of course I know that they attacked air fields in real life, but this is so far from real life, we are missing a hundred other factors that occurred in real life, like other base defenses, coms systems, soldiers etc....

I just say this because I find it sad to see what the fighting on this server has degraded too. The map is so small that I have seen many of the top scoring guys on the German side have completely adjusted their entire style of flying to revolve around the base guns. Even when engaging on even terms most of them won't fight at all until they have the base guns to cover them, then they fly around the base until the people they are avoiding are bingo and then chase them back. Rewatching it in Tacivew it's so obvious. There are so many things you can do it that 109 k4 that don't require you depending on the base guns. Yet, they all use them like a wing man to cover them and shoot enemies off their six.

I flew the 109 for one year straight in 2018 with no squad, no wingman and did amazing. I was able to constantly chase plans back to Novo and fight them with the base defenses shooting at me the entire time and they almost never hit me, even when slow and when they did, it pretty much never destroyed my plane. Even when it got my plane smoking I could just fly full throttle all the way back to Anapa and outrun everyone chasing me. On the flip side, I've pretty much never seen an Allied plane fly through the Anapa base guns and not get completely destroyed, even at high speeds. When I was flying the 109 for all of 2018, every time the teams were stacked in favor of the reds, I would end up quitting because I would fly around looking for enemy and when I never saw them I would go check out Novo and sure enough, all of the other reds were there shooting everyone on the ground. Building up multiple kills and then just flying off like there weren't even any defenses.

Vulching is cheap shiet. There are ways to stop it. I´d prefer a trigger that unfortunately works in SP missions only: Add weight. Imagine the pilots face when he suddenly realizes that he has 1000kg more aircraft weight, when inside the airfield protection zone:joystick:

But fortunately it is not always so bad with those vulchers.

And now some funny stuff. You get nice sandwiches served in BS.

attachment.php?attachmentid=216247&stc=1&d=1566822328

Fox

BS_Sandwich_.thumb.jpg.87c34b525c2aa2c4f9b88f0f69d9f98c.jpg

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I suffered the same frustration when I tried to take off from Anapa. And the flak didn't fire one shot.

I've just remembered that in DCS AAA can ran out of bullets if fires long enough. Not sure which one, dunno what is the shot limit... But I've seen such thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which are the radio frequencies for communicating?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Eekz, your website is not updating now for more than 24 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. OTHER_MISSION_v1 does not have any of the new planes....I am unable to play it as the 190A8 is the only ww2 plane i have

2. Would it be possible to make the markers just a little bit darker? just a little. Right now, they are so light and so faint that there is no point in even having them enabled in server

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

• 1 month later...

Yesterday after about one hour all other player aircraft disappeared or remained at their last position. A few "hovering" aircraft remained stationary in 2 and 3 km altitude or on the runway. No other player aircraft were moving. But I got attacked by a invisible ghost aircraft.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Yesterday after about one hour all other player aircraft disappeared or remained at their last position. A few "hovering" aircraft remained stationary in 2 and 3 km altitude or on the runway. No other player aircraft were moving. But I got attacked by an invisible ghost aircraft.

Fox

So it's not just me.

However, it seems to be fine for all other, or what?

• 2 weeks later...