Cannot make HUD SOI if either MFCD is in sensor mode

Warmbrak

I haven't flow the A-10C in ages and flew her again this week on the current Open Beta (have not tested in Stable). Coolie Hat up is supposed to make the HUD SOI independent of what are shown on the MFCD's, but if either the TADS, TGP or MAV pages are on either or both of the displays, Coolie Up is not able to make HUD SOI.

The workaround is to flip through the MFCD pages with Coolie short left and right to get them on the DSMS and CDU pages (or any other non-sensor page), and only then will Coolie up select the HUD as SOI.

Anyone else ever had this happen to them?

I'll have to check after the latest OB update of last week, though i'm 100% sure that a couple of weeks ago it was working as intended.

Meanwhile try rebuilding your input structure. Just go to "...\Saved Games\DCS open beta\config\input\A10C" and move somewhere else the input config files, then start DCS. It will rebuild the default controls layout with new files and if you have a HOTAS warthog you won't have to configure anything apart some curves on X/Y axis and your rudder pedals. Give it a shot to rule out a possible old input layout conflict of any sort.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

Nope, flew it yesterday and day before yesterday in latest OB, and it all worked as it should. Was slaving to markpoints with TGP and Mav's, and had no problem making HUD SOI with those MFD pages active.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Just tested in the latest OB 2.5.5.39003 and found no such problem. Also never heard of it.

Are you sure you're using Coolie Hat Up Short to make HUD SOI? The manual is currently missing the Coolie Hat Up Long (MSG Quick Look) command (hint, hint, @ED), but that command does exist and a long press of Coolie Hat Up will not set HUD as SOI.

I'll have to check after the latest OB update of last week, though i'm 100% sure that a couple of weeks ago it was working as intended.

Meanwhile try rebuilding your input structure. Just go to "...\Saved Games\DCS open beta\config\input\A10C" and move somewhere else the input config files, then start DCS. It will rebuild the default controls layout with new files and if you have a HOTAS warthog you won't have to configure anything apart some curves on X/Y axis and your rudder pedals. Give it a shot to rule out a possible old input layout conflict of any sort.

Thanks, this was the issue. I should have known better, as I had to do this with the UH-1 and Mi-8 not too long ago. Looks like these profiles are not updated over time, and somewhere over many updates, errors creep in. Works perfectly now.

Thanks, this was the issue. I should have known better, as I had to do this with the UH-1 and Mi-8 not too long ago. Looks like these profiles are not updated over time, and somewhere over many updates, errors creep in. Works perfectly now.

Nice, glad we sorted it out!

That's the very first thing i do whenever i have some strange controls behavior.

Works (almost) every time :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850