AIM-7E/F for the Tomcat?

Airhunter

+1

I would really love to get the older Sparrows, especially the E!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm not sure I want an AIM-7 variant on my bird any longer... seems that with Jester dropping locks all-the-time and the AIM-7's in general very lack luster performance, it seems like a waste to me to have a WORSE missile.

I just launched an AIM 7M at two TU22's... the first one missed even though I was locked on all the way to the target. Switched to the second one and it hit but only because the TU22 turned directly towards me. In the past few days, I've been working on AIM7 deployments and have scored TWO kills against head on targets at sub 10nm ranges against AI. It's more efficient for me to carry 6 AIM54's than it is to use the AIM7 any longer.....

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

Bump. Would love to see some more AIM-7 variants on the tomcat

Maybe even the AIM-7MH

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

AIM7M is almost broken right now as is. If it got back to where it was I'd use it more, right now, it's a dead weight.

No point in asking for an earlier one until M works again.

Do the earlier models fare better?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

AIM7M is almost broken right now as is. If it got back to where it was I'd use it more, right now, it's a dead weight.

No point in asking for an earlier one until M works again.

Do the earlier models fare better?

When and how did it break?

I've not really used until recently.

Wondering what is wrong with current too? I pretty much exclusively use AIM-7 and AIM-9 on the Tomcat, and I have no problem plugging planes out of the sky. Bombers and fighters.

That said, would love some older variants on the Tomcat too.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |