[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Difficulties picking up J-11 with radar

Falconeer

Hello,

I had a lot of difficulties trying to find a J-11 flying in front of me. I could see him visually, but my radar couldn't pick him up, no matter what settings i tried (PRF, scan height and bar setting) Even on his dead six, i couldn't spot him on the radar. Ended up shooting a "Maddog" which killed him.

There were more people complaining having the same issues with the J-11. Other aircraft like Mirages, Tomcats, SU33s showed up on the radar screeen and could be engaged.

First it happened on Growling Sidewinder's server, yesterday had the same on 104th Phoenix server.

I dont have a trackfile (dont know how to get one), but as more people reported having the same issues, i thought it was worth mentioning it here

Both servers had Caucasus map up and running, ping was also normal for me

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Hello,

I had a lot of difficulties trying to find a J-11 flying in front of me. I could see him visually, but my radar couldn't pick him up, no matter what settings i tried (PRF, scan height and bar setting) Even on his dead six, i couldn't spot him on the radar. Ended up shooting a "Maddog" which killed him.

There were more people complaining having the same issues with the J-11. Other aircraft like Mirages, Tomcats, SU33s showed up on the radar screeen and could be engaged.

First it happened on Growling Sidewinder's server, yesterday had the same on 104th Phoenix server.

I dont have a trackfile (dont know how to get one), but as more people reported having the same issues, i thought it was worth mentioning it here

Is it possible they were jamming? Just a thought, nothing definitive.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

It was definitely within 10 miles, so if he was jamming, the radar should have burned through already.

Forgot to mention that even with AACQ modes, it still wouldn't lock him up

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Odd... I've recently killed J-11's online with aamram's, but it was fairly close in (WVR). I can't remember if I jousted with that one, but I'm pretty sure I have.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team

Hi

if you can show an example in a short track replay it would be appreciated.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is there a way to "shrink" the track, because its to big to attach atm, or to save a a specific time stamp?

(sry if its a dumb question)

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Hello,

If you are chasing the bandit what is happening here is the bandit is hiding in the doppler spectrum because of same speed of you and the bandit. PD radars have certain filters that allow these hidden areas much like the doppler notch.

This is a radar feature and happens for all aircraft against all aircraft.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Seems its jamming.

Just did a test with Su-27 and J-11's in pairs. One with jammer, one without, headon at 100nm separation, spawning in with 2 min interval.

First forced ECM always. No result. I would pick them up at 78nm in the Hornet.

Control with F-15, and I saw no jamming on radar. Funny thing, it didnt detect them until around 50nm.

Then put AI back to just standard CAP, and started with F-15. As soon as I lock one with ECM pod, it would start jamming. I then jumped into the Hornet (air starting all btw), and scope was clean. Was face to face with them, scope clean.

But when I do it with just Hornet, lock them up so they would be jamming, I dont loose track. I can still track them when breaking lock again.

And I can repeat this as often as I like. Start in F-15, wait for them to appear, STT lock the contact on the right (has the ECM pod), and it'll start jamming. Jump in Hornet.. and nothing, even within 78nm, and all the way in to my nose.

So maybe its a late start Hornet into a jamming environment or something?

Attached the test I used.

Hornet vs Flanker ECM.miz

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

And just for the hell of it, I get the same result against MiG-29S. Lock it with F-15, when jamming, jump into Hornet. Scope is clean.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

That sounds like the issue I had, picking them up at longer ranges, however it doesn't explain why I couldn't get him in ACM modes.

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

That sounds like the issue I had, picking them up at longer ranges, however it doesn't explain why I couldn't get him in ACM modes.

Isnt only at longer ranges. All the way to 0, I wouldnt get any contact on the radar in the above described jamming scenario.

So, we can call it officially a bug?

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat