1 Month still can't install FC3. Customer support? Hardly! Thanks for nothing ED

Digll

So I have had the same issue a number of users have not being able to install FC3 beta. I put out a trouble ticket over a month ago requesting assistance and received this:

Greetings,

Thank you for your message.

We are sorry that you have such problems.

Please excuse us for a delay. We receive a lot of support requests now.

This issue was fixed. Could you redownload FC3?

--

Best regards,

Eagle Dynamics support manager,

Andrei Ustinovich

That's totally understandable so I had tried to download the latest beta that night with no luck... (1.2.2.7.122_19).

So I thought maybe they were still working the bugs out... I waited 2 more weeks and tried again with version (1.2.2.7570_69) AND IT STILL doesn't detect my Lockon install. I installed it with the link provided BY ED. It's on the pre-order page for christsake! ED hasn't even bothered to respond to my replied trouble ticket stating the issue still exists.

I own A10, Bs1, Bs2, and was excited to be jumping into FC3, but this is insulting. I'm a business owner and if I ever treated customers like this I would have been out of business years ago. 1 Month is ridiculous ED you should be god damn ashamed of yourselves.

Who takes money from a customer and delivers something that won't even install. I wish my money turned to sand in your hands so the joke was on you, but alas it's on me.

Problems with FC3

Well my experience has been very different. Don't understand why you are being ignored.:(

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98687

XP Home SP3 32bit/Vista 64bit dual boot, Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz/8Gb RAM chip set, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 video card, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry.

Might be silly question but are you trying to install FC3 as standalone game or are you trying to install it in DCS World?

Install procedure is:

1. Install LockOn (you don't need to run it, just need to install it)

2. Install DCS World (if DCS World installer is not latest version, let Auto Update update it to latest version)

3. Install Latest version of FC3

PS: you can install earlier version on DCS World and FC3 before updating them to latest version as long as both are exact same version. If they are not, best download latest version of DCS World and FC3 module.

No longer active in DCS...

There! You've now had two replies (3 if you include this one). All 3 from good old Oz! Might pay to advise of your computer specifications. It was my specifications which indicated FC3 was not an option for me.

XP Home SP3 32bit/Vista 64bit dual boot, Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz/8Gb RAM chip set, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 video card, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry.

Not a silly question Kuky, thanks for the response. Be assured I have LOMAC installed properly (I tried installing it into my games directory, and also the default) and I have the latest version of DCS World 1.2.2.7570. I ported all my modules over when it went live, and then reinstalled again when they released the auto-update version.

I tried fresh installs of both in the order listed already (Since it's the most logical).

As mentioned I purchased and installed the version of LOMAC provided by ED on the preorder page from UBI.

I also think it's weird that the digital download version of LOMAC doesn't seem to add any registry data. So I don't know how DCS is supposed to even detect that it's installed. I noticed a number of other forum goers noticing that as well.

Honestly this is beyond FC3 now. I was just an excited simmer, now I'm just upset. I shouldn't have been made to wait over a month to play a game available when I paid, even if it was in Beta.

I want my money back. It's my choice to purchase this game in the future, when this is fixed. As it is now, I've just been scammed and ignored.

Kunz thanks for the post but I followed that post to the LETTER and still no joy.

I have a 64 bit OS so my path as Coff mentions is a bit different, I've included the string here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On

I tried both all caps and normal (even tho registry isn't case sensitive i believe) and the string that Coff said needs to be added is already present:

String name : Path

String data : C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On

The path is correct, still no joy.

Thanks again for everyone's positive assistance. If ED reads this I still want to know why they treated me so poorly.

Alright well Success, thank you Kunz! I added the 32bit path to the registry just for shits, and it successfully located and installed.

It's awesome that the community is so strong for this game, but I still want a response to why I had to wait and was ignored. Especially when I couldn't have been more polite is my trouble tickets.

It's awesome that the community is so strong for this game, but I still want a response to why I had to wait and was ignored. Especially when I couldn't have been more polite is my trouble tickets.

You certainly weren't ignored, the problem is that support are up to their ears in tickets that they need to work through to get to the new ones. There's a lot of people needing support ATM.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!