...and OT threads are...

Sunjah

So we are in for some {O}ver{t}ime. Or maybe some {O}ptical {T}echnology. Perhaps a little {O}ccupational {T}herapy. Let's see, it could be Optimal Time, Overt Transition, hmm, maybe Optimus' Primes brother Optimus Terrence?

Hey, wait, I've got it. It means "On-Topic," but then it goes on to say that OT posts are banned. Hmm, must have post be not "on-topic." My math skills would tell me that means it should be a "not-topic" post.

Is English really that rough? People think because they write an acronym, everyone will know it.

The memo above the topics listed as an "announcement" refers to "OFF-TOPIC" posts (that is what the OT stands for). Our species has some downfalls, and lately the Internet has made everyone think that (well, and cell phones/blackberries/etc.) they don't need to speak english, people will understand a two letter abbreviation means exactly what is in their head.

SPEAK, people, SPEAK (or in this case, WRITE).

I had a post that was purely, specifically, completely and positively 100% meant for this general forum. Yes, it had to do with controllers, but this is where I wanted it and put it, yet it was moved less than a day later. Before it was moved, I received some 6-8 comments, after it was moved, I received none.

Hmm, there was a reason I didn't move it somewhere else, and so sure enough it might as well have been trashed once it was moved, as it had not responses.

Doesn't "general discussion" mean: A discussion that is in someway related to the main topic of discussion? That would mean if it is related to DCS or Black Shark, it should work.

Edited by Sunjah

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!

So we are in for some {O}ver{t}ime. Or maybe some {O}ptical {T}echnology. Perhaps a little {O}ccupational {T}herapy. Let's see, it could be Optimal Time, Overt Transition, hmm, maybe Optimus' Primes brother Optimus Terrence?

Hey, wait, I've got it. It means "On-Topic," but then it goes on to say that OT posts are banned. Hmm, must have post be not "on-topic." My math skills would tell me that means it should be a "not-topic" post.

Is English really that rough? People think because they write an acronym, everyone will know it.

The memo above the topics listed as an "announcement" refers to "OFF-TOPIC" posts (that is what the OT stands for). Our species has some downfalls, and lately the Internet has made everyone think that (well, and cell phones/blackberries/etc.) they don't need to speak english, people will understand a two letter abbreviation means exactly what is in their head.

SPEAK, people, SPEAK (or in this case, WRITE).

I had a post that was purely, specifically, completely and positively 100% meant for this general forum. Yes, it had to do with controllers, but this is where I wanted it and put it, yet it was moved less than a day later. Before it was moved, I received some 6-8 comments, after it was moved, I received none.

Hmm, there was a reason I didn't move it somewhere else, and so sure enough it might as well have been trashed once it was moved, as it had not responses.

Doesn't "general discussion" mean: A discussion that is in someway related to the main topic of discussion? That would mean if it is related to DCS or Black Shark, it should work.

Is the world really that bad?

Which thread are you refering to anyway?

Even your thread about your problems with the X-52 is still in the general discussion-folder, though it's pretty clearly a hardware-question.

Other than that, abbreviations are common not only since computers, SMS and chat was discovered. Whenever there are terms often used, people tend to find abbreviations or even symbols for what they want to say. Or would you really prefer to write "United States Dollars" each time you use $, percent instead of %, etc?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Here we go, Sunjah..........Deep Breaths Now............

15940-deluxe-aneroid-pocket-blood-p.jpg

**Pleasure - Had a feeling you might need it once you found your Thread Moved........Again** :P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

**Pleasure - Had a feeling you might need it once you found your Thread Moved........Again** :P

hahha :megalol::lol::megalol::D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

That was a good one, made me laugh!!!

Is the world really that bad?

Which thread are you refering to anyway?

Even your thread about your problems with the X-52 is still in the general discussion-folder...

I do not mind abbreviations at all, but people use them SO OFTEN without knowing that the reader has any idea of what it is. I use abbreviations, but I have tried to be in the habit of always stating it once, then referring as an abbreviation for the rest of what I write.

Honestly, it took me a bit to catch on to OT meaning Off-topic, which is kind of a pain trying to make sense of something that is crucial to the meaning of the message when you don't know it. When I see OT, I think Over-time, so to me, an "Over-time post" had absolutely no credible meaning.

Yes, I think a good majority of the world is that bad. The laziness which is not only allowed, but often accepted and encouraged, is absolutely and thouroughly 100% an embarrassment to our species.

"Let me abbreviate so that the person will have no idea what my post means, so therefore I should never have written it to begin with." That is a very bad mentality.

That "Problem with X-52" wasn't the post I meant that was moved, this was before I had the x-52 and wanted opinions on it. I thought it was quite rude to move it, as I said, no one commented once it was moved. That was the exact reason I did not put it in the other "technical" discussion thread to begin with...if I had wanted it there, I would've put it there, just as if I want my meaning to be understood, I explain what I am talking about instead of taking shortcuts that make it difficult or impossible to understand what my meaning is at that time.

There was an acronym being used on the BioWare boards about the game of Knights of the Old Republic. I can't remember what it was, but they were talking about something with the game, and it took me about 3 months to find out what it meant. I actually put up question threads about it, and many of the responses were, "I'm really not sure." Finally, someone who knew answered. None of that would have happened if the poster had SAID (or written) what he was talking about.

I understand your view (to an extent), but it is kind of like driving and suddenly you are behind someone who is swerving a little, going WAY UNDER the speed limit, and making no attempt to adjust for anyone else on the road but themselves. I have found that over 90% of the time, it is someone on a cell phone. They are so obsessed with themselves and their call, nothing and nobody else matters. You have had that happen to you, too, haven't you?

A LOT of these things are great, but people seem to think that because they have them, others don't really matter anymore. Such as the 3 months trying to find that acronym out several years ago. If the guy wrote it out, that search never would have happened. I suppose I just have a real resentment to the laziness that people try to justify. There is a LOT of it that did not used to exist.

Edited by Sunjah

Ps- I should have started my thread above by saying "Guaranteed to be moved within 24 hours" (though I had NO desire to have it anywhere but the GENERAL DISCUSSION thread, if I did, I would have made it in the other thread. How is discussing the confusing elements of a general message in a forum NOT a general discussion about said forum? Don't answer, because it is, maybe you need to be a little less obsessive with your judgements)

There were 3 responses besides mine. I can pretty well guarantee it will stay right around that number for the rest of its life.

Put it back in the General Discussion, and I can guarantee many posts on it.

Not sure who it is doing this, but it is a pretty "Rudely" run forum.

...and WAGS, who did read my e-mail several months back but never bothered to answer in any way, you might want to work on public relations skills. Since that happened, I pretty much stopped coming to this forum, and only posted this thread because of how absurdly silly that notice was in the general discussion area.

• 2 months later...

I was here too. Could you give a link to that question about X52? If it's it maybe you should named it better. We have evil times - people don't react on "help" ask with so attention like in the past. If the thread was named something like "X52 rudder/throttle conflict" you would get much louder response, I'm sure. Be specific with the title please.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=39307