Mission 6 triggers?

Hello Dragon,

what are the triggers to fulfill to continue in TEW3 M06?

First contact at Echo 2. Couldn't destroy the white buildings, but the middle one blew up from ground fire, destroyed the two ZSU-23's NE, and destroy all the infantry around the mortars in the village NE too. Mortars still seemed to fall on Echo 2 for another bit, dunno if the mortars itself should be destroyed to stop it.

Convoy also destroyed. Then Echo 2 area is smoking, I'm loitering and nothing seem to happen. What would be the trigger for the TIC at Echo 3? I heard it before when failing, just couldn't understand why the mission doesn't continue now?

Thanks

• 4 years later...

Hi there,

I want to share my experience with this mission with those who have difficulties.

In my first try, Echo 2 got overrun, because Doge 1.2 took to much time to take out the remaining house. He first attacked the airdefences at the other places.

And I didn't want to drop a dumb bomb in a danger close situation (or should I have done it?!).

In my last attempt I told my wingman to attack any ground targets right after I got the hot in call from Echo 2, and he first destroyed a building, then I ordered him to attack air defences.

And it worked, I could help to defend Echo 2.

I have to admit, that I loaded for my last attempt 4 GBU 12 to be able to destroy all houses, which was then of course not needed.

I wasn't sure first if I should do that because I like the thought that you probably do not have all fancy weapons available in a combat mission like this one. It is not a major attention to the US govournment and you need to take what you have. Especially at the beginning of an operation like that.

My first intention of this thread was to ask baltic Dragon to consider the problem in the mission making to have either the A-10 loaded with 4 GBUs by default, or reduce the number of houses.

But looking back, I think it was the intention probably to consider using dumb bombs in danger close situation. Or just use the laser rockets, which also blow up houses (if you still have enough left).

Maybe a call to Echo 2 would be great saying:" Doge 1.1 I run out of GBUs, request use of dumb bombs."

Baltic Dragon, you do a great job and put a lot of realism in your campaigns.  I think this situation is not unrealistic to consider using dumb bombs in real life to avoud your guys get overrun. Either it works and you are the hero by safing your people, or you kill your own people!

Thanks!

DK

Edited by Delta Kilo
  • Like 1