TACAN drifting

ricktoberfest

Didn’t have time to troubleshoot, but yesterday I flew the Marshal stack training mission and when I was returning to the ship the TACAN seemed to be drifting from the ship by quite a bit. The distance seemed to be right but the bearing and location in the EHSD would go off by over 20 miles. I opened the mission file after but couldn’t see any other units that might interfere and the only other thing I could think of was that maybe one of the airbases also uses 44X and my TACAN was switching between them. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 @ 2400, Vega64 @1080p

The distance seemed to be right but the bearing and location in the EHSD would go off by over 20 miles. I opened the mission file after but couldn’t see any other units that might interfere and the only other thing I could think of was that maybe one of the airbases also uses 44X and my TACAN was switching between them.

Kutaisi Tacan KTS uses 44X

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Found Batumi 16X was displayed as in the ocean of the EHSD moving map in Open Beta after a flight but bearing and distance was correct for the airbase/F10 map.

RQVFK58.jpg

I'd

• added WP5 to an existing flight plan.

• slewed it on the EHSD to where I thought the targets were

• designated it as a TGT (so the DMT would look in the right area)

• slewed the DMT-TV so the TGT position was correct

• then tried to slew WP5 to the new TGT diamond position (via the EHSD>Data page and TDC slews)

at which point the waypoint system - sort of broke - I couldn't switch from WP5 or set the WP/TCN course heading.

Eventually I switched back to DMT-TV and after using undesignate/NWS, I was able to adjust the TACAN course line but as I was flying the approach/landing, didn't have time to see if the waypoint 'lockup' was fixed.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I think the Auto-Scaling is the issue here. I have the same misplaced Navigation Points, either waypoints or Tacan, too and I’ve narrowed it down to said Auto-Scalling.

Try and change the range manually and the placement on the EHSD-Map should be fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the Auto-Scaling is the issue here. I have the same misplaced Navigation Points, either waypoints or Tacan, too and I’ve narrowed it down to said Auto-Scalling.

Try and change the range manually and the placement on the EHSD-Map should be fine.

Thanks, I think you're right - I hadn't noticed it was in Auto-scale at the time, as I'd been switching modes, etc. trying to change the waypoint but nothing was working (until I eventually switched the RH MPCD to DMT-TV and undesignated the target point using the NWS button).

The auto-scaling bug is an old one, along with what happens when you set the map to North Up i.e. nothing lines up, but I haven't tested for it in a long while.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks for this post. I will look into it and test as well this evening.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals