Centre Mount Stick Considerations

I currently have an Saitek X52 Pro which is on last legs and I will move to better class of stick eg Virpil.

I am looking at the T50CM2 or VKB and mount it in centre but have no experience in this configuration. I have tried to simulate this setup with the X52 and it raised a concern for myself. So I was interested in others thoughts that have centre mounted sticks and have also maybe used side mount sticks.

The issue is around getting to buttons on sticks while climbing in the sim. All seems good with centre mounts while diving and rolling (from my test with X52) however when climbing it seems there could be challenges getting to some buttons when a stick is pulled ring back to climb.

Maybe it could be just my wrist and thumb dexterity or it could be a issue that others have encountered. Looking for experience and thoughts from others.

I am not worried about realism in that I need to have a centre stick because the plane in sim had a centre stick. If I need to go to a side mount I will.

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

If you can't reach everything it's either too low or not placed far enough forward. Stick full back should still be above your thighs and not in your gut.

To really do a center mount you need an extension to put the gimbal below your seat bottom and keep the stick above your thighs.

I went from a side stick configuration (old Falcon3 fan) to a center stick last weekend. I am using a Warthog and a pit made out of a used car seat and some ABS piping.

I'm still fine tuning the angle and height, I put it as close as possible to my touchscreen (as far away from me as is geometrically possible).

The 'yaw' angle is the most important, you cannot put a center stick between your legs pointing straight ahead, you wrist needs to be straight so the joystick needs to be angled.

I used to have a Saitek X52, I'm not sure it will work out for you because of the large square base you will not be able to put it between your legs, much less angle it.

Time for some serious DIY?

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Here is my el cheapo centre stick. Works great for me. Easily removed and replaced.

20190709_130247.thumb.jpg.49cb044621cc01d8763370e912e37066.jpg

Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor

15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz

128GB SSD + 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Yep thanks for thoughts all. I think the 1st couple of experiments had the position too low and close. Seems like a centre stick will work for me. Gives me more confidence to outlay the higher costs.

Cheers

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB