Helios and F/A-18C

Im going to start from scratch and try again. There is a line in the directions about copying the image files. The Capt Zeen folder needs to be copied to where? There is an images file inside there, but where do they need to end up. Which folder should go into my _Mods for the JSME program?

"Copy the folder Capt_Zeen on the images folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/images"

Edited by Shotgun Dexter

Im going to start from scratch and try again. There is a line in the directions about copying the image files. The Capt Zeen folder needs to be copied to where? There is an images file inside there, but where do they need to end up. Which folder should go into my _Mods for the JSME program?

"Copy the folder Capt_Zeen on the images folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/images"

C:\Users\you user name\Documents\Helios\Images\Capt_Zeen

• 1 month later...

Hello Capt Zeen,

Thanks for another superb Helios profile.

I have a problem with the AMPCD. I changed the line

shaderLineDrawAsWire = true

but it seems only to work for the two DDIs. The lines on the AMPCD stay very thick (they look like the DDIs with shaderLineDrawAsWire= false).

Any ideas?

Sorry but I'm confused.

Should I use the old version of Helios or the new Helios 1.4 for the F18 setup??

Thanks

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Capt Z

Do you plan to update the F18 profile to include a working HMD dial?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 1 month later...
I would be grateful if someone can post their LUAs along with the pictures of theeir desktop to compare. I haven't been able to figure how to extract the gauges to the external panel in helios.

Thanks.

Hi Sniperpr1,

I have attached my working monitor config file. I use a 3840x2160 main monitor and have a 1920x1080 touch screen centered below it (see pdf). I use the variables deltax and deltay in it which are the (0,0) coordinates of the touch screen. So if you want to use my file you can only adapt these two variables.

Make sure to copy the files that came with the profile in the <Monitor configuration\Mods\…> folder into your DCS directory (I use OGME).

Hope this helps.

Monitor Resolution.pdf

mfu_FA18C_1.lua

Hi all, I'm still trying to figure out how to fix my AMPCD. I can't get the thin lines like in the two DDIs (I changed the shaderLineDrawAsWire to true), see picture. Any ideas anybody?

Hi...

as long as ED isn’t fixing this issue officially, pls try this workaround:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3555460&postcount=117

Be aware: The lines of the HUD and JHMCS are then being affected as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. OK color me stupid. I'm an old codger with and I am absolutely lost on where to even begin with lua files and such. I have 2 cougar MFD's and the second monitor.

Is there somewhere with a simple "Idiot's Guide" that says:

1) Turn on monitor

2) Open file blah blah blah

3) Enter "Mickey loves Minnie" on line blah blah

4) Scratch your nose

5) etc... Yeah I am that lost, confused and stupid :)

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

download Capt Zeens F-18 Helios profile and extract it. Open the readme file and there are instructions in there you may have to read over a few times to get the picture, but it is very helpful. Search Youtube for DCS Helios,,, there are a few great tutorials. This takes time! ALOT of time to figure out, but once you get it figured out, its well worth it in my opinion.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 5 months later...

Someone who can advise me on how to correct the error of the whole process to use the F18 profile on a tablet connected by usb to the PC.

I followed all the tutorials to the letter and I worked perfectly the profiles of the helicopter K50 and the plane F15, but unfortunately I do not get the graphics of the three screens of the F18, all clocks or tacomentros of the F18 work but not the three screens.

There will be instructions to follow so that the images appear in these three screens, I would greatly appreciate who gave me those instructions or a tutorial to correct any errors

The tutorial on YouTube of CaptZeen to run the Helios with the profile of the F18 did not work for me. I did everything as is, and nothing.

DRTDXBOX

Alguien que me puede aconsejar sobre cómo corregir el error de todo el proceso para usar el perfil F18 en una tableta conectada por USB a la PC.

Seguí todos los tutoriales al pie de la letra y funciona perfectamente los perfiles del helicóptero K50 y el avión F15, pero desafortunadamente no obtengo los gráficos de las tres pantallas del F18, todos los relojes o tacomentros del F18 funcionan pero no los graficos de tres pantallas

Habrá instrucciones a seguir para que las imágenes aparezcan en estas tres pantallas, Agradecería mucho que me puedan dar esas instrucciones o un tutorial para corregir que las pantallas no den imagen.

El tutorial en YouTube de CaptZeen para ejecutar Helios con el perfil del F18 no funcionó para mí. Hice todo como es, y nada.

DRTDXBOX

• 9 months later...

I followed all the instructions on your website, right up to the point where I saw your layout on my 10" VGA (800x600) touchscreen monitor. Sadly, I was then forced to spend money to buy a 15.6" 1920x1080 touchscreen to pair with my laptop's 15" main screen, because I realized that to use a profile as beautifully done as yours, I'd need more resolution.

Rabbit hole indeed...