Disable Icons for RIO Startup Checklist.

you mean the description of each switch, button, etc? These can be turned off in your options, they are called tool tips. tick or untick the box to your liking, however this is not Tomcat specific and will apply to all your modules. Hope that answers your question.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

No, I am talking about yellow boxes pop up when we ask jester to do startup checklist.

open?id=1Pp__aS9Oufcv25X5FN6M4gQ0WpxZGRiv

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pp__aS9Oufcv25X5FN6M4gQ0WpxZGRiv

Oh, those are meant to be. Since it is assisted startup, it is meant to instruct the player. For a non assisted one, simply select the normal one.

We might implement a pure checklist startup later, but no promise for now.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Oh, those are meant to be. Since it is assisted startup, it is meant to instruct the player. For a non assisted one, simply select the normal one.

Thanks.

The assisted start is so much fun with voice attack. One can talk to Jester and he will follow commands like a real one.

The guy who makes textures for Heatblur is a true legend. Hats off to Heatblur Simulation team.

Sometimes I wonder why Heatblur chooses F-14A instead of F-14D.

F-14D have the hud, link16, DDIs and lot of other cool stuff.

I have 1 big question in my mind when I go supersonic in F-14B, altimeter goes haywire and start showing the wrong altitude. Is it happen in real life or it's a bug?

Edited by Harmandeep Singh

Just a suggestion but those yellow boxes make it very difficult to discern which switch or button they are pointing out (sometimes 3 or 4 boxes in the same frame). A better solution would have been to simply highlight (illuminate) the switch or button. Simple and elegant.

I have 1 big question in my mind when I go supersonic in F-14B, altimeter goes haywire and start showing the wrong altitude. Is it happen in real life or it's a bug?

That's correct, both altimeter and variometer are inaccurate during transonic and return to normal when you are fast / slow enough again.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

@Iron Mike- Can you all put the checklist in the kneeboard?

We'll have to see about that, length for example could be an arguement against it, but we will see what we can do. In general checklists would be nice of course.

As for highlighting switches instead, that is a good idea, although personally I find the boxes clear enough (but maybe that is because I know the startup ofc). However we can only select what the mission editor offers us, which are the yellow boxes. That is simply the way DCS allows us to highlight inputs.

Heatblur Simulations

• 1 year later...
Just a suggestion but those yellow boxes make it very difficult to discern which switch or button they are pointing out (sometimes 3 or 4 boxes in the same frame). A better solution would have been to simply highlight (illuminate) the switch or button. Simple and elegant.

I am a professional software UI product designer and I totally agree here. The highlight boxes could be much better. Temporarily highlighting just the switch with a colored over-lay would be much better.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

We'll have to see about that, length for example could be an arguement against it, but we will see what we can do. In general checklists would be nice of course.

As for highlighting switches instead, that is a good idea, although personally I find the boxes clear enough (but maybe that is because I know the startup ofc). However we can only select what the mission editor offers us, which are the yellow boxes. That is simply the way DCS allows us to highlight inputs.

I find often its difficult to see which switch the box is attempting to draw your attention to because the box is so much bigger than the switch. Ive been in situations where it was tough to tell which switch was in the center of the "box". Another time its difficult to see is when it is highlighting several switches right next to each other. This happens in the A10C, especially when they are highlighting multiple buttons around the MFCD's.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I too would love to see just a pure checklist start up. Interacting with the RIO is great but the "boxes" are terrible. They make it hard to see the switches and I wish I could turn them off.. or at least DCS could re-design them. Right now its a poor design that is counter productive.