Been away from DCS for a long time away - getting back into but a lot to wade through

Hello and thanks for reading this.

For reasons I won't bore you all with I have had my HOTAS and Combat rudder pedals stored away until I could dedicate a space to the correct setup so I could enjoy the DCS experience as best I could.

Well it’s been a long time coming and to give you an idea how long I have been away, the UH-1 had just been released! However, I have just finished a new building which has a dedicated room just for DCS. I have fabricated my own custom cockpit and configured it to take VR. My Rift is here and my system to run it is being built.

I have been following developments when I could but now I'm about to dive in again. And its through the many, many pages on the Forum that I realise I have a lot to take in, not just in the flying but the technical aspects of the set up etc.

One stand out issue I may have and this is a direct consequence of the absence, is my Saitek Combat rudder pedals and the software to run them in Windows 10. Windows 10 wasn't around when I closed the lid on my rudder pedals box so the software disc I'm assuming won't run and in any case I don't have a disc player in my DCS dedicated rig (why would I?). No problem I thought, Saitek will have the drivers etc. on their website. Wrong! They are now Logitech and they no longer support the pedals.

For those of you reading this with the CRP. Is there a fix for this that you know off? Pretty much the pedals of choice back when I stopped but now there are more to choose from but with the expense of the metal to build my cockpit, the rift and a new rig, the coffers are empty for new pedals just at the moment so a make do is the only option.

I made mention of the complexity of the system to run DCS & VR being discussed on the forum and the slightly daunting learning curve I just know I face. So if there is any UK based VR using guru who would be prepared to mentor me over the coming weeks and months, be glad to get a PM from you. Perhaps there are others like me waiting in the wings (no pun intended) for which a volunteer mentor would be a comforting thing to consult when things go pear shaped?

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

You do not need the Saitek software at all for those pedals, I ran the same pedals for a long time in both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, they worked great just plugging them in and assigning axis and curves in the DCS controller menu. I never installed the Saitek software.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well thats encouraging, thanks for that. It may be that I actually did the same when I first got them. I just can't remeber!

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.