DCS: L-39 Skinning Thread

Chizh

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody who can make skin, please make this:

es-tlh-lions-air-aero-l-39-albatros_PlanespottersNet_094050.jpg

I will give this one a try, however, are there any other reference pictures so I can see the other side and bottom?

Any other skin requests that people have good references for?

Sadly I don't have the L-39C myself, so hopefully modelviewer works in the beta.

Edit 3:

Very different .lau structure from what I am used to (FC3 templates). I use DXTBMP to save as DDS DXT5. This doesn't work with the L-39. I also noticed there are two files I must have, a _DIFF and _normer. And some other changes in the .lau. For now, I am just trying to do a simple body (no fuel tanks/pilots ect.). What should I be doing in the .lau and how should I be saving the file? My first go resulted in a texture error.

Edited by Flogger23m

I'm actually working on the Vandy 1 scheme right now, as per the Vandy 1 (real world) pilots request. Once I get it finished, I'll post pictures.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I'm actually working on the Vandy 1 scheme right now, as per the Vandy 1 (real world) pilots request. Once I get it finished, I'll post pictures.

Thats awesome, are you planning on releasing it to everyone? I was going to try to make the VFA-106 Gladiators paint scheme if I can get some good pictures of it. it's one of the other L-39's from the Warrior Flight Team. But i'm sure someone else could do way better then me because im just starting to learn Photoshop lol.

Edited by joshloar10

Here. And the inner part of the intake is down on the left next to wingtip tanks, you can tell by the shape of the UV.

Thanks! Any idea on where this is? The rounded yellow part. Doesn't seem to be where the rounded intake area is.

gu97lz5.jpg

Makes me wish my monitor was a larger res. Hard to navigate such a large template!