settings help

Jamovich

Hi guys,

I had to reinstall DCS. Now when I launch the L39 albatross the engine cuts to shutdown. Im using the hotas warthog and I set the quadrant correctly but to no effect.

On the mirage 2000, the jet departs from its trajectory upon takeoff and becomes totally uncontrollable.

What am I missing in the settings?

If all is well with DCS, you may have to edit your throttle axis. Use the Slider option and make sure the red dot that moves sits in either a Deadband or Saturation X flat spot when at full and idle. If it is not, you may try calibrating your controller in Windows. Win10 makes it hard to find!!

settings / devices / Related Settings, Devices and Printers / find your hardware, drag and drop a shortcut to it on your desktop. Right click this, then Game Controller Settings.

Edited by JG14_Smil

When it happened to me a few times, the reason was the Warthog throttle switch I assigned to throttle cut-out, was accidentally left in down position, instead of the middle one. Check if you're not making similar mistake :D.

In either case, sounds like some controls assignment / duplicated inputs problem.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

@Jamovich:

1. Re your Mirage problem: I suspect that due to your re-install, some axis commands are by default bound to several game controllers (joystick, throttle, pedals). This needs to be cleaned up. Every axis command must be bound to only one game controller.

2. Re your L-39 problem: If you have bound the Throttle OFF/IDLE switch to one of the commands for throttle shutdown/idle, I suspect that it's related to a simple but nasty issue. The switch in the TM WH throttle makes contact when you move the switch to OFF, and opens when you move it to IDLE. This works fine in the A-10C. From what I see in the file "default.lua" this will work for the L-39 only if you use the command "Throttle - Idle/Stop". That's the only command that works with the inverse logic of that switch. I don't fly the L-39 much but I have bound JOY_BTN29 to that command and it seems to work for me. I tried to go through a complete cold start training session but I kept getting hammered with a Russian speech while I was trying to read the instructions, and finally gave up. As long as there is no training in English that plane is off-limits for me.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5