ATC in F10 Map View - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: ATC in F10 Map View
I am willing to pay 19,99 US Dollar for the F10 ATC Module. 8 21.62%
I am willing to pay 14,99 US Dollar for the F10 ATC Module. 5 13.51%
I am willing to pay 9,99 US Dollar for the F10 ATC Module. 14 37.84%
F10 ATC as a Combined Arms expansion for FREE (still payed as you need to buy CA). 17 45.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2018, 07:57 PM   #1
Dutch Baron

Talking ATC in F10 Map View

Hello everyone,

I suggested an ATC Feature in the F10 MAP view in this post:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=167060

After more than 2 years and absolutely no answer from ED or an ED representative, I thought that maybe a POLL would get some things started, if other customers would also fancy this ATC feature.

I'm willing to pay money for this as a separate module and I'm thinking about 14,99 US Dollar for such a module, or more if it's absolutely awesome!

A few of the features I'd like to suggest are:

- Labels on clients/units with normal ATC info (speed, altitude, heading, name)
- Add a line/arrow on the symbols to show direction
- Use FOG OF WAR setting so only included radar installations etc. will pick up units
- Add an option in the mission editor called: ATC. Just like FAC/JTAC etc.
- Maybe add a REALISTIC (fog of war) and ARCADE (show all) option for testing purposes
- DO NOT show ground units, just airplanes (or make it optional), since all ground unit names really clutter the F10 map view.
- If ATC is enabled, or ATC slot is in use then STOP in-game AI ATC per coalition/airbase
- Weather info per airport, in the form of a 'hover mouse over airbase' and a little popup with
the info will show. It should show the wind speed + gusts, wind direction, QNH, and which RWY number is ACTIVE.
- Different map colors (simple dark outlines), but also standard DCS map with ALT/SAT view.

Now maybe a more difficult feature to create which would be awesome, but maybe for a later stage:
- A view from any COALITION airport TOWER, where you can look around over the airport and use SCROLL WHEEL on mouse to zoom in/out. Of course prevent that the ATC can look at ENEMY airports.

The complete base is already there, the F10 map, it just needs some graphical alterations and obviously code.
For the experienced developers at ED, this should be a feasible option to be created in a relatively short time.
This suggestion would make for many more people to be able to do ATC, no extra programs needed, and would possibly get more people to be interested in doing ATC.
And if this is a standard option on ANY server, we immediately get the chance to expand the immersion on any server.

Maybe a cool project for young developers who have an internship at Eagle Dynamics?

Last edited by Dutch Baron; 08-31-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Dutch Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:55 PM   #2
shawnpatrick5000

I would purchase a module that would support this feature. C'mon ED please look into this!!

shawnpatrick5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #3
StG2_ELMagoQuinn

Me too!
StG2_ELMagoQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #4
Icebeat

Why not add increase Airport's lights visibility and ATC AI traffic control and guidance.
Icebeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:26 PM   #5
Dutch Baron

@Icebeat

If we ask for more things, it will take more time and effort for ED to create it, looking at all things they have going right now, this suggested ATC feature may never come if extra things are requested.

With my suggestion, the complete base is already there, the F10 map, it just needs some graphical alterations and obviously code.
For the experienced developers at ED, this should be a feasible option to be created in a relatively short time.
If we ask for more AI stuff and other things, this whole thing will become a long term project, which will most likely end up in not being produced at all, if we even get a positive response from ED on this suggestion at all.
Also, those items you are talking about have been asked for/reported in other threads, so no need to add them here.

Last edited by Dutch Baron; 08-30-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Dutch Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:38 PM   #6
HiJack
Veteran

Extremely needed update/module. Much more needed than the AI ATC functions!

Spoiler:

ASUS Z97-PRO, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor overclocked to @ 4.20 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
Samsung SSD 850PRO 1TB SSD
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:40 PM   #7
HiJack
Veteran

There should be an option for disabling AI ATC even without any updated module or new module!

Spoiler:

ASUS Z97-PRO, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor overclocked to @ 4.20 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
Samsung SSD 850PRO 1TB SSD
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:41 PM   #8
BaD CrC
ED Translator

Guys, stop waiting and get yourself LotATC for 20 euros. It is an extremely realistic ATC simulation (assuming you push the realism sliders all the way), it is perfectly integrated into DCS and the server part is free. ED will never get close to this no matter how much effort they are willing to put into this, if they ever decide to go ahead which will never happen since LotATC have a 3rd party licence with them.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:54 PM   #9
twistking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
Guys, stop waiting and get yourself LotATC for 20 euros. It is an extremely realistic ATC simulation (assuming you push the realism sliders all the way), it is perfectly integrated into DCS and the server part is free. ED will never get close to this no matter how much effort they are willing to put into this, if they ever decide to go ahead which will never happen since LotATC have a 3rd party licence with them.
LotAtc looks really good indeed, however a simpler implementation would still be a great fit for dcs world/combined arms. As mentioned by the OP, the function could utilize the f-10 map, so there would not be a whole lot of art assets required. But for this to really shine, there should be proper VoIP implementation also, otherwise you're again fiddling with external programs and mods...
Old 08-31-2018, 08:15 AM   #10
DoctorDigital

I'd rather have a DCS Module as well.

After checking out LotATC I find it not really the thing I'd like to have.
For one thing one would need an AWACS type Airspace controller, but on the other side, I'd really like to get into the game as Tower & Ground control. See the airport, see taxi and runways, assign departing and landing aircraft to runways and gibe them taxi instructions.
Almost everything for this would be already in DCS.

Also It would be nice to have an option to turn off the AI ATC completely.

I'd pay for that :-D

Last edited by DoctorDigital; 09-27-2018 at 11:19 PM.
DoctorDigital is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air traffic control, atc, atc f10, f10, f10 map view