40 Degree DB Practice/Challange

SNAFU

Hi all,

To attack targets defended by AAA you need to have a release altitude of your bombs of above 3000ft AGL in my experience.

I tried to figure out the best approach, depression angle and parameters for such an attack profile and ended up with the following parameter for practicing with the PT-50:

Approach altitude: 12000ft

IAS: 270knots

Dive angle: 40°

Depression angle: 6,5°

Release altitude: 3000ft

So I keep the target aligned with my lower canopy frame and roll in when the target is between the handle and the structure (best seen in the screenshot), set throttles to idle, align the nose under the target with an angle of 40° and release at 3000ft.

With this I usually get hits close to 20m (~60ft), but rarely I get below 10m (30ft).

Since I found out that, after a lot of trying with the L-39C CCIP bombing with the A-10C becomes a piece of a cake, I think this is also a great way to practice general dive bomb technique.

I attached the training mission, which gives you feedback about the release alt, the angle and the offset. I also attached a track and a screenshot, which pictures the moment of the rolling in for the 40LDDB.

How close to you get the PT-50 with release altitudes above 3000ft? joystick.gif

PS: I forgot, you need the Target Range Objects Mods from the 476th to see the range circle, otherwise just aim for the runway crossing.

L39training.zip

L39-40LDDB3000ftRALT.thumb.jpg.34bfd67d4f781304ceea6d27aa64e9b5.jpg

L39ZA 40LDDB.trk

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Well, sure nice, but a couple of things to consider.

- With wind, you results will vary and bombs will be offset way off depending on wind strength and direction. Windless days are rare (I suppose in most parts of the world).

- I see your picture is taken close to Kobuleti. Now that is flat mark. That sure will make it easier as to release altitude. But when over mountains you`d need intel on altitude of your target, and compare your barometric. As such the dynamic field of bombing automatically falls away (due to inaccuracy of such high alt drop - comparatively for L39`s capabilities) in mountainous regions.

Very nice technique overall. But if anything, it still comes down to practice, and I guess that the feel you got with it is what partly gives you the results.

On a second note, I see you use PT50s. These are low altitude bombs. For high alt, non-chute bombs would be more suitable. Have you tried with FAB100/250? Or were you intentionally trying to maximise altitude with PT50?

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats why i made this training Mission, without Wind and with a target almost at sea level. PT50 are low drag bombs. Unfortunately does the L39 Not have training bombs as BDU 50 or 33.

So it is Not strictly about the parameters, ist about sticking to them.

Ps: I love the Samsung autocorrection. Makes bombs to boobs, brings peace to the world.

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite