C-101 update - Page 22 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-16-2016, 10:01 PM   #211
Rudel_chw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontiuka View Post
But, ya, do want the EFM ... realistic taxiing, differential braking, landing, stalls, spins, rudder control, etc.
Of course, we all want the best FM possible ... but even in its current state, it seems that the plane is in fact capable of having a stall and a spin ... here is a video (in spanish, sorry) where the pilot induces a stall first, then turns it into a spin, then a flat spin, then shows how to recover:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaBOvBOWxGo[/ame]

I hope that the developers don't give up and do finish the EFM, but until then I believe that I can still use the C-101 in between the use of other modules

Last edited by Rudel_chw; 08-16-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:12 PM   #212
ESAc_matador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aginor View Post
Yes, I think if it had weapons to play with I would miss the AFM a bit less. But since with an unarmed trainer the focus is pretty much only on procedures and flying you miss it a bit more.
Just flying around you won't miss it much, but when reaching the edges of the envelope or on the ground the SFM is a bit weird. I mean: A few years ago during the LockOn days we would have been happy as clams with that flight model, but that's the past I guess.
You got the point. If at least we have some rockets!
ESAc_matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:59 AM   #213
kontiuka
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
Of course, we all want the best FM possible ... but even in its current state, it seems that the plane is in fact capable of having a stall and a spin ... here is a video (in spanish, sorry) where the pilot induces a stall first, then turns it into a spin, then a flat spin, then shows how to recover
Ya, I know all that stuff is there but it's very scripted and somewhat unrealistic. I'm not complaining. That's just the SFM. It's like that in a couple of FC3 modules that haven't been given pro-flight models yet as well.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:43 PM   #214
Phantom453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aginor View Post
Yeah, it flies quite nicely even with the SFM but... just not the same. I just hop in once or twice after each new patch to check out the status and provide the guys with a bug report or two, but I'm not really into it without the AFM.
+1 Have to agree with that.

When the AFM does drop it will be like a new free module that I'll be learning from scratch.
Phantom453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:04 PM   #215
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Quote:
Ya, I know all that stuff is there but it's very scripted and somewhat unrealistic. I'm not complaining. That's just the SFM. It's like that in a couple of FC3 modules that haven't been given pro-flight models yet as well.
Mr Tuckie (Ernest Artigas) has a real pilot and acrobatic federated pilot with international awards. He know as a aircraft flight and how enter them and out from a stall, spins and other acrobatic manoeuvres.

The C-101 was no scripted manoeuvre, all has SFM from one minute release, you can talk with the aviodev team.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:28 PM   #216
azm+
Posting Rights Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
here is a video (in spanish, sorry) where the pilot induces a stall first, then turns it into a spin, then a flat spin, then shows how to recover
This is EFM beta version, right?
azm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:55 PM   #217
kontiuka
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azm View Post
This is EFM beta version, right?
No, that's the SFM. Nothing has been shown about the EFM yet.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:32 AM   #218
Vedexent

Quote:
No, that's the SFM. Nothing has been shown about the EFM yet.
Not even after 20 months of beta release (according to my ED purchase history).

Last edited by Vedexent; 08-23-2016 at 05:36 AM.
Vedexent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:44 PM   #219
JuanOscar
3rd Party Developer

Step by step, we are bringing to life the rear cockpit. Implementing all systems, not just mirroring them from the front cockpit, but doing it in an independent way. This will allow us to generate failures for an instructor/student role in addition to the IFR training hood option.
Some of the modifications made are the compass housing, slip indicator, instrument flags smooth animation, correct altimeter implementation, as well as cockpit clock, electrical system improvements and its corresponding circuit breakers, CC cockpit corrections, like for example the HUD.
And many other corrections have been made, which list would be too long.
--------------------------
Paso a paso vamos dándole vida a la cabina posterior. Implementando todos los sistemas, no sólo replicándolos desde la cabina anterior, sino haciéndolo de forma independiente. Esto nos permitirá generar fallos en el papel de instructor/alumno en conjunto con la opción de la capota para entrenamiento IFR.
Algunas de las modificaciones realizadas son la carcasa de la brújula, el indicador de resbale, animaciones de banderas de instrumentos, correcta implementación del altímetro, así como del reloj, mejoras en el sistema eléctrico y correspondientes cortacircuitos, correcciones en la cabina del CC, como el visor (HUD).
Y muchas otras correcciones cuya relación sería muy extensa.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzScreen_160827_120443.jpg
Views:	1009
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	147218  
Old 08-27-2016, 01:15 PM   #220
Aginor
Veteran

Thanks for the update!
Aginor is offline   Reply With Quote