[SOLVED] CPU Leak MapF10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
WoAyumi

Default [SOLVED] CPU Leak MapF10

Dear Eagle Dynamics developers,

I accidentally noticed this problem and decided to record it for you.

options.lua
graphics.lua

In the video I am switching between F10 and F12 (render3D = false)
4. REAL UFO FOOTAGE
I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days, and doesn't die

Last edited by WoAyumi; 07-23-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
Abburo

I thing your test is not relevant because you are comparing apples with pineapples.... empty window with dynamic displaying one. More than that a CPU leak does not behave like this, but will keep the CPU at 100% longer to indefinite time. In this case, CPU is recovering instantly showing that you are just giving to it something to process or not, as I mentioned before.

Try to not jump to quick to conclusion, take small steps before showing off such absolute affirmations.

I did my tests, and everything works normal. Let's not add on these last days of old engine life things to make devs loosing time.... which will not help any of us. And in general, tests should be more comprehensive, analyzing various scenarios ... and not something that looks just unknown to me.
HW Specs: i7-8700K@5GHz,ASUS Maximus X Hero, 16GB RAM 3000MHz, MSI Nvidia GTX 1080TI watercooled, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Intel M.2 250 GB, VPC Mongoos + Leo Bodnar BU0836(A and X), MFG Crosswind, G13, T650, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift
Old 07-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #3
Spadje

From what I can tell and the tests I am doing, when the map is up sure enough 1 of my cores is still being taxed since there is data on the map and it is working that data. I dont see this as a leak, as Abburo pointed out a leak is where the CPU would stay at 100% even when the screen is gone. Those are pretty rare in these days since Windows 7 and Windows 8 are better at killing leaking tasks. Memory leaks on the other hand, they seem to overlook. (Not referring to DCS)
Old 07-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
Abburo

This can be better addressed as part of multicore processing. The entire map rendering/position calculation can be easily moved to a separate core... I think.
HW Specs: i7-8700K@5GHz,ASUS Maximus X Hero, 16GB RAM 3000MHz, MSI Nvidia GTX 1080TI watercooled, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Intel M.2 250 GB, VPC Mongoos + Leo Bodnar BU0836(A and X), MFG Crosswind, G13, T650, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift

Tags
bug, cpu, f10, leak, map