Dome

-Bazong-

What do you think about getting this...

http://thinkoutofbox.com/

...along with an HD projector.. Is it possible to run DCS in 170 degree FOV? In that case, this dome would be very cool, one would place the reflector right in front of the front cockpit panel and use trackIR only to view the rear hemisphere.

I have yet to find out how the 1080i image transforms to the edges of the dome, but I think this might just be my cup of coffee :D

Thoughts? Suggestions?

btw, another question: I heard LUA export is disabled by most mp-servers.. What about lua import, is it also disabled by mp-servers? (One needs to feed switch positions to the sim to sync at the start of each mission)

edit: I have been hooked on domes ever since I had the fortune to try a Gripen simulator with a 180degree dome around it, thats why I'm really considering this :P

sure would like to see that display BS :)

I think the reason I am so into flight sims and cockpit building is I can remember dreaming of a setup like we are now seeing (cockpit with a domed screen) when I was at a single digit age back in the '60's. I used to love reading about dogfights :)

yes, export is disabled to prevent cheaters from running amuck. We will have to get some passworded export servers up and running. I plan to but I am very busy at this time.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Have seen some similar thing from a japanese company.

Not that expensive and tested with LockOn in their videos.

Dammn.....i lost the link and can't find it anymore.

May be someone can find it again. It was nothing but the dome for, if i remember right, 800 to 900 Euro.

EDIT: found it http://www.frex.com/gp/canopy/canopy_en.html

Edited by Flyingaustrich

Have seen some similar thing from a japanese company.

Not that expensive and tested with LockOn in their videos.

Dammn.....i lost the link and can't find it anymore.

May be someone can find it again. It was nothing but the dome for, if i remember right, 800 to 900 Euro.

EDIT: found it http://www.frex.com/gp/canopy/canopy_en.html

Very cool!!

This one has the benefit that you can sit inside it since it does'nt have the reflector that the TOOB dome has..

However as the image transforms onto the dome, it will be distorted towards the edge of the dome I thinks. I suspect thats not the case with the TOOB dome (judging from pictures)..

Will have to try one or two out sometime.. Anyone know anywhere I can do that in sweden?

Whenever you try and project a 2D image on 1/4 of a sphere it looks horrible. Way too much distortion.

Hey mom, did you know Greenland is larger then the continent of South America!

world-map.jpg

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders