Mirage 2000C Missing Feature/Bug list

ThirtykayDEC

Hello. Ive seen a bug, i think.

While testing various system on the M2k, i think i found out that:

when the plane has equipped 4x Magic missiles and you try to jettison them, only 2 from the outer pylons are jettisoned, two will still ramain on the jet and there is no way to jettison them. You can "just shoot them out" but .. probably a minor bug that we dont care about 99,999% of the time. Just knowing that its there ;D

Im so happy that I found DCS, the free time i might have had - gone :suspect:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another bug since quite long now is that the first time you start a mission with the gun arm/safe switch in the "safe" position it works fine and you cant fire the guns even with the master arm switch in "arm" position...

however, once you enable the gun by selecting the "arm" position for the gun arm/safe switch, it no longer works in the "safe" position so guns will shot even in "safe".

This ONLY happens when you assing this switch to a TM warthog switch (I guess any joy with switchs), while it will move the switch in the cockpit correctly, the gun will be active even when in unarmed position.

Using the mouse to enable/disable the switch works fine which is really odd. Of course, warthog switches work perfectly fine.

Take a look at my MODS here

Not sure whether this is a bug or not, but I've heard it described as "not like real life"...

The Magic missiles lock targets around the cross on the HUD (the major axis of the plane), rather than in the HUD circle.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

can't reproduce the gun firing in safe mode, no matter how hard i messed with it, when it's in safe, it doesn't fire (yes it was binded to my HOTAS), could you provide a track perhaps ?

The function missing is DO/RDO not RD/RDO. TEL is what DO was developped to, a very early attempt at making a datalink, wouldn't be very usefull and was never used.

The triangle symbology appears when both radar and the Magic seeker are locked onto a target (already reported, just a clarification), the rest of the time it is a circle.

The "rumors" about the Magic not supposed to lock where the cross is are unfunded and i never found any evidence that it wouldn't be as it is, maybe put a link to a thread with videos, documents ?

EDIT : you can add "Bombs releasing instantly when pressing the trigger while using INS precision bombing (PI and ZBI mode)"

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dashed part of snake line. No DLZ in radar guns mode. Altitude alert arrow blinking (not steady). W (warning for radar electronic fault) and M (target memory mode) indications? - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2903510&highlight=heck+memory#post2903510

considering that it's not a french Mirage 2000 and might not even have the same radar,..., and that quite clearly some changes were made to the HUD symbology, i doubt it's the same on the version we have in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

considering that it's not a french Mirage 2000 and might not even have the same radar,..., and that quite clearly some changes were made to the HUD symbology, i doubt it's the same on the version we have in DCS.

Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bYolM_6SJk

, form 1:00 to 1:50 its a mirage 2000c hud tape during simulated dogfight against an F-18.

Can't see any difference to the haf hud tapes.

There is the dashed snake lane (for functionality see here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3284508#post3284508),

no DLZ, magic circle in guns mode.

Altitute alert arrow blinking see this french mirage 2000(d) video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUPSCbeHjyY.

And about the the W and M indications, indeed i don't know if the appear on the French version.

Edited by jaguara5

It can be Mirage 2000EG or Mirage 2000EGM, so it's not similar to C version.

QUOTE]

On all EG(M) videos I have found on the net (there are plenty) + some I have on DVD's ,

on the lower left part of the Hud there is the indication ECM PTY (related to the Haf specific self defense system). On the above video this indication is missing. If you also consider the fact that the rest of the video is rafale specific and that there is no other HAF related indication, probably it's a C version

Edited by jaguara5

can't reproduce the gun firing in safe mode, no matter how hard i messed with it, when it's in safe, it doesn't fire (yes it was binded to my HOTAS), could you provide a track perhaps ?

The function missing is DO/RDO not RD/RDO. TEL is what DO was developped to, a very early attempt at making a datalink, wouldn't be very usefull and was never used.

The triangle symbology appears when both radar and the Magic seeker are locked onto a target (already reported, just a clarification), the rest of the time it is a circle.

The "rumors" about the Magic not supposed to lock where the cross is are unfunded and i never found any evidence that it wouldn't be as it is, maybe put a link to a thread with videos, documents ?

EDIT : you can add "Bombs releasing instantly when pressing the trigger while using INS precision bombing (PI and ZBI mode)"

Attached a track where you can see how even when the gun is unarmed I'm able to shot the guns and only when master arm is unarmed the gun is not able to shot...if I use the mouse to enable/disable this gun switch it works correctly (I didn't use it in the track btw).

gun switch abstraction bug.trk

Hello

-Overspeed light not lighting up when speed limit is reached

This is the LIM (limit) warning. It's not just the overspeed one.

-Magic Lock symbology wrong should be a triangle instead of a circle

Not exactly. Magic lock is a circle, so it's correct. The triangle is indeed missing, but relates to a correlated radar+Magic lock.

-The Magic missiles lock targets around the cross on the HUD (the major axis of the plane), rather than in the HUD circle.

This is correct behavior, not a bug.

++

Az'

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

Question:

can you add "some missing keybindings for rotaries" to the bug/feature list?

all rotaries like radio frequencies are working only with mouse clicks.

it is not possible to assign hardware rotaries to these functions.

and the list of clockwise/counterclockwise rotaries are long ...

it is only important for cockpit enthusiasts but most of the modules have these keybindings

best regards

Alf

PS: i have tried to resolve these problems but i think it is not possible without changing some programs :(

Edited by caponi

too much ...

Attached a track where you can see how even when the gun is unarmed I'm able to shot the guns and only when master arm is unarmed the gun is not able to shot...if I use the mouse to enable/disable this gun switch it works correctly (I didn't use it in the track btw).

It's a 2.1 bug only, you should have specified it earlier. This main post is going to have to be divided into multiple parts, 1.5, 2.1 and "possibilities" for the dashed snake line, the low altitude on HUD warning and the Range tape in guns mode.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Missing keybinding for the radios

- Sounds (pretty much all of them)

- No sound above Mach 1

- INS display bug (sometimes a bunch of zeroes will show up when switching modes)

- Engine power gauge "jumping" on the first digit (i.e. 19 to 20, 29 to 30 etc.)

It's a 2.1 bug only, you should have specified it earlier. This main post is going to have to be divided into multiple parts, 1.5, 2.1 and "possibilities" for the dashed snake line, the low altitude on HUD warning and the Range tape in guns mode.

Nope!, just tested it in the new 1.5.8. and same bug is still present.

Nope!, just tested it in the new 1.5.8. and same bug is still present.

On openbeta, that's a third version, not present in 1.5.7.

Isnt that already an option?

Enviado desde mi Moto Z Play mediante Tapatalk

The sensor isn't removed off the pylon model when you disable it in the editor.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]