[NOT YET SUPPORTED][MERGED] DDI/AMPCD DISPLAYS EXPORT

ScopeDope

function  reconfigure_for_unit(unit_type)   --unit type is string with unit name
if unit_type == "A-10C" then

Viewports  = ... define new Viewports table 
	-- also you can define cockpit displays viewports here 
	RIGHT_MFCD = ... define new RIGHT_MFCD  viewport 

else 
    Viewports = ... define default for others 
	RIGHT_MFCD = nil  -- remove for others 
end
end

Does this go in the monitor setup lua? Can't say I'm that good at figuring out the lua files.

Thanks for the help so far.

Display Exporting is Not Enabled for the Hornet

I have however done this for the A-10C, Main Cockpit View on 4K, w/ 2 MFDs, CMSP, RWR, And other Displays Exported to a Smaller 1080P Display.

it's Just a Matter of Setting correct Coordinates.

Cheers for this info, I won’t waste my time trying to export them tomorrow before I fly then. :thumbup:

That would have driven me nuts otherwise.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hey Zilch,

Yeah if you set any of the instruments to export they will blank out in the cockpit and will also not show up on your second screen at this time.

If you use a custom monitorsetup .lua to export MFDs, you may need to comment out the TRY_FIND_ASSIGNED_VIEWPORT line in the init luas for the various cockpit devices. This should restore the in-cockpit displays without requiring you change your monitorsetup whenever you want to fly the F/A-18.

A bummer. This was never mentioned before now. Oh well. At least the MFD buttons work on my TM cougar MFDs. My screens are on top of each other, so for the time being, I moved my screen 1 to my bottom touchscreen. Better than nothing.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Apparently if you have them exported to another screen, they dont work atm -_- Try playing using only a 1 screen config for now

Huuuuge bummer! I got extra screens and MFDs for the Harrier and Hornet (mostly the Hornet). Quite deflating to see this not working on day 1. Thanks for the heads up, though. Would have never guessed this.

had to comment out/delete my

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1920-10-((400*1.4)*1.35);

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3840+10;

section in the Monitor Setup file

(and check the proper screen size / aspect ratio calculated)

THEN THE DDIs will light up

this is a multimonitor problem

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

yup, i edited C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\MDI_IP1556A\indicator\MDI_left_init.lua and MDI_right_init.lua files

changed try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")

to

try_find_assigned_viewport("F18RIGHT_MFCD")

then it can't find viewport and everything works as it should with other modules without exporting f18 module.

passes IC check.

MDIs on but not visible

I searched the forums thinking someone else had surely had this issue but can't find anything. When I start a mission where the F-18 is already started (take off from runway or already flying) my MDIs are both turned on but won't show anything. I've tried turning them off and back on again and I've tried adjusting brightness and contrast. The AMPCD and the HUD are both on and showing what one would expect but nothing on the MDIs at all. I'm going to try a cold start this morning to see if I can get them to turn on.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bummer is right. Hopefully this will be in a future update.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Thx! This worked. Oddly enough it brought my fps back to 60 whereas before I was 30+

yup, i edited C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\MDI_IP1556A\indicator\MDI_left_init.lua and MDI_right_init.lua files

changed try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")

to

try_find_assigned_viewport("F18RIGHT_MFCD")

then it can't find viewport and everything works as it should with other modules without exporting f18 module.

passes IC check.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Can't see DDI's

Gents,

Anyone know why I can't see my DDI's (MFCD in A10 terms).

I've installed the module today and I started the first tutorial... The start-up. But when asked to turn the MDI knobs... nothing happenend even after waiting for 10 minutes.

Then I tried a hot start ... And also there were no DDI's

Gents,

Anyone know why I can't see my DDI's (MFCD in A10 terms).

I've installed the module today and I started the first tutorial... The start-up. But when asked to turn the MDI knobs... nothing happenend even after waiting for 10 minutes.

Then I tried a hot start ... And also there were no DDI's

Are you Exporting / Re-positioning MFDs in your Monitor setup?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

[NOT IMPLEMENTED YET] UNABLE TO EXPORT DDI

Hi all

I followed the DCS cold start procedure and others found on Youtube, but my right DDI still stay OFF.

Do you have an idea why ?

Engines are started, ready to fly, R-DDI is on DAY...

Thanks

My configuration:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0 Ghz RAM: 20 GB DDR3 GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMING 4GB HDD: Kingston SSD 480 GB HUD: ED Tracker HOTAS: Saitek X-55

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, F-15C, SU-27, M-2000C, Combined Arms, Spitfire, Gazelle, F/A-18C, All maps (up to Persian Gulf)

My configuration:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X 3.6 Ghz RAM: 32 GB DDR4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB HDD: Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB HUD: ED Tracker HOTAS: Saitek X-55

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, F/A-18C, All maps (up to Persian Gulf)

[REPORTED] No Video on DDIs

Hi there, someone could help me ?

After one day without problem, out of the blue my two MFD, left and right, are on but no digit appear in the screen. The third on the pedestal is working perfecly.

Push button of MFD and connected commands are working but the screen stay green, more or less.

What could be happen? I didn't modify anything inside the setup, just configured some avis ( at the vero beginning throttle didn't work) and some keys of my Warthog.

Nothing more.

Thanks in advance for some help.