Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

^^^ Very nice. Is this normal with the radiation on the compressor blades? I mean where do they get radiation from?

This video will explain alot. It's not made by me and the radiation meter isn't mine either.

A quote from the video description:

The bearing housing of your engine is manufactured from thoriated magnesium. It is to aid NDT during manufacture ...

Well the owner bought it on eBay and it was delivered to him from Russia. It cost 75 $ + 11 $ for shipping. I don't know more about it.

Ah, a "geiger counter"! I forgot the name and named it "radiation meter". :D I guess it was close enough.

Well the owner bought it on eBay and it was delivered to him from Russia. It cost 75 $ + 11 $ for shipping. I don't know more about it.

Ah, a "geiger counter"! I forgot the name and named it "radiation meter". :D I guess it was close enough.

I find funny this mix of Russian and English language on the casing, it's probably from Perestroika age ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and what's with the "dump" button? :D

The sensor of the counter accumulates radiation. After one minute it has accumulated enough for correct reading so even if you move it away from the source, the reading will not drop and, if i remember correctly, it will keep screaming. So this "dump" button literally dumps it. :)

Compilation of launches during Red Flag 09-2:

Note that some of the less laden aircraft (Agressor F-16 w/o EFT) take off with Full Mil instead of AB. I had a hard time convincing some of the F-16 fans that Full Mil takeoffs are being practiced IRL in order to reduce fuel consumption, I was told it's not common with USAF and US Navy but there U go!

MVSGas is probably the biggest expert on F-16C here, perhaps he could share a few words and explain standard procedures in launching F-16C!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Compilation of launches during Red Flag 09-2:

Note that some of the less laden aircraft (Agressor F-16 w/o EFT) take off with Full Mil instead of AB. I had a hard time convincing some of the F-16 fans that Full Mil takeoffs are being practiced IRL in order to reduce fuel consumption, I was told it's not common with USAF and US Navy but there U go!

MVSGas is probably the biggest expert on F-16C here, perhaps he could share a few words and explain standard procedures in launching F-16C!

Whether to use AB or MIL power on take off is due to aircraft weight, runway length and model (which block) Most F-16 without a weapons load or with light load will, most of the time, takeoff on mil. They do not need that much power to take off. I can't believe that the "F-16 Fans" you know will argue this since the USAF Thunderbird do this on most shows ( Number 1 though 4 takeoff)

Ultimately is the pilots choice tho

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Man, I remember taping this video when I was a kid. Replaying it over and over until I memorize all of it. It's full of inaccuracies, but back then, I couldn't stop watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8GirbKqxw0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2FqzkgH7p8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLefRxSTAHg

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The new french "projection and command" ship Mistrall class. It is capable of transporting and deploying helicopters, tanks, other land vehicles, amphibious vehicles, troops. This ship is the largest in French Navy after the aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle. Russia is discussing the purchase of one Mistral class ship and the possibility of participation in building 4-5 more.

mistrallclass1.jpg

mistrallclass2.jpg

mistrallclass3.jpg

mistrallclass5.jpg

mistrallclass6.jpg

mistrallclass7.jpg

mistrallclass8.jpg

mistrallclass9.jpg

mistrallclass10.jpg

mistrallclass11.jpg

mistrallclass12.jpg

mistrallclass13.jpg