Dials and lettering look really clear and sharp.

Mule

Has anyone noticed all the dials and lettering looking much sharper and clear in VR?

Just updated and I have a Rift S. Looks so good!

Yea, I only tried the Hornet to see what lighting changes they made (to the dials) and I noticed how they look a little sharper when the console lights are on

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Great news. Now I am anxious to see for myself this. I saw the Viper MFD lettering got sharpen. Hoping this is carried into VR too.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

These display updates you guys are talking about? Is it only in the OB version or in the stable release as well?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

These display updates you guys are talking about? Is it only in the OB version or in the stable release as well?
Today's update is for open beta only

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Great news. Now I am anxious to see for myself this. I saw the Viper MFD lettering got sharpen. Hoping this is carried into VR too.

Spent the last 1.5hrs trying out TWS etc, the MFDs are defo sharper

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Wow, I just got into the cockpit of the Hornet in vr and I do not know what Ed did but they sure did a brilliant work. Cockpit labeling looks amazing. Sharp with complimenting black console. Nice touch ED. Well done.

Wow, I just got into the cockpit of the Hornet in vr and I do not know what Ed did but they sure did a brilliant work. Cockpit labeling looks amazing. Sharp with complimenting black console. Nice touch ED. Well done.

This thread's got me super intrigued and excited to get home and check this out tonight. Looking forward to it. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I haven't had a chance to update it yet - is this improvement for VR only or are you also seeing a change for us 2D monitor users. Thanks.

The VR cockpit and the 2D cockpit are exactly the same, unless I'm mistaken. Any changes to textures, shaders, and lighting are going to apply equally to both.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

yesterday I received my rift s and I thought it was thanks to the new visore, if I could finally read the labels

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Not sure about the lettering but the washed out grey areas are now black. That makes the lettering look better.

Yep, I think you're right here Buzz.

I was flying a couple of days ago and then did the exact same flight, post update and I was struck how clear everything was. I did a few turns to change lighting positions and could defiantly see a difference. Good to know that Wags has said there is even more work to be done in this area.

We did in fact adjust a few things, but we have a few more things in mind to further improve it.

Thanks

Stroke and fuzziness option for 1440 screens? ;)

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

Am I the only one who doesn't like the changes?

The panel backgrounds are now far too black looking. They lack tone and definition and the previous 'greyer' colour was more interesting to look at. I had no problems in VR before.

Can there be an option to choose between the textures?

Am I the only one who doesn't like the changes?

The panel backgrounds are now far too black looking. They lack tone and definition and the previous 'greyer' colour was more interesting to look at. I had no problems in VR before.

Can there be an option to choose between the textures?

could someone maybe post some screenshots with the new textures? and maybe mention your gamma setting to make it comparable.

I like the black better than the washed out grey. I was using an aftermarket cockpit that had made it black. Now I don't need to use anything but the default cockpit now.

Gamma is at 2.0.

I've just had another look and it's completely yuk. The black is very very flat looking. There's no tonal variation in the panels and details like the dust and dirt that was there before has now gone.

Needs changing back but I guess that's just my opinion.