Thank you for your hard work dear ED

ChrisIhao

Couldnt find an appropriate section, but I felt a need to say: Thank you ED for realizing my dreams since starting playing sims on my Commodore 64!

I am by all means no guru when it comes to flight sims, and I have barely skimmed the surface of the content of the DCS modules, but the level of pure enjoyment after finally getting the engine improvement of 1.5 (most of all performance wise) leaves me flabbergasted.

Keep on rocking, and building the greatest sim universes of all time. Its deeply appreciated! :notworthy:

Kind regards from a fan who have been playing off and on since the first LOMAC. Cheers!

Chris

• Like 2

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

Agreed, 1.5 is pure gamer heaven, especially for a chopper guy like me.

Nevada and Las Vegas is just shocking reality when it comes to flying NOE within the city... all those phone lines, street lights, traffic lights and power lines just make it hell to fly low and fast!

Superb work ED.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

First time I loaded up the map I jumped in a K4 for the Free Flight over Hoover Dam. Flew under the suspension bridge and barely made it over... such a rush. Then I yelled out to my wife in the living room: "Hey! From Hoover Dam witch way do you go to get to Vegas??"

She was... nonplussed. But a quick look at Google Maps later she yelled back 'looks like straight west... why??' My reply: 'It's time to buzz Luxor!!'

She had to come investigate at that point and was properly amazed at the level of detail. She also immediately asked where the High Roller Ferris wheel was, since we'd just rode it 5 months ago. Had to explain that ED spent long enough on this map as is, and they couldn't keep track of every new real estate project. :-)

• Like 1

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

Totally agree, Chris!

I was in to flight sims way back in the late '80s. Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Simulator, MicroProse F-19 Stealth Fighter... that era.

Took a long break from flight sims until a few years ago when I got in to X-plane 9 and 10. I was surprised, and impressed, to see how much things had advanced.

Then, a couple months ago, I saw a reference to DCS World and decided to check it out. At that point, I downloaded 1.5 Open Beta and was absolutely stunned. Completely floored in the first few minutes flying the Su-25T. Unreal.

As I read through the forums, I see many posts from dedicated DCS flyers who have waited years for EDGE. So I feel really blessed to have come across DCS at just the right time:)

I absolutely love the A-10C. I live close to Martin State Airport in Baltimore, Md so I get to see the Air National Guard A-10s flying quite often. It's such a blast to see it simulated in such great detail. Even a paint scheme for the 104th FS :)

Thank you, Eagle Dynamics, for all the hard work!!!!!!!

Mike

12th Gen i7 12700K, MSI Z690 Edge mobo, 32 GB of DDR4-3600 RAM (G.Skill Ripjaws V CL16). 

Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle OC (Triple Fan, 16GB VRAM), ACER XV322QU 32" IPS monitor (running 2560x1440).

2TB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4).

Windows 11.

+1 as well.

I have had DCS for a while, but never had the time to truly learn and appreciate it. Having retired recently , around the same time as Edge came out, I have really gotten back into it now that I have plenty of time.

With all the modules I have and so much to learn and enjoy now in DCS, I don't even see a need or desire for any others at this point.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

DCS world 2.0 with the NTTR map is truly awesome! Just purchased an Acer Predator X34 for playing DCS World and it looks so beautiful while maintaining great FPS. Super job on the alpha ED!

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

Me, too! I've been playing since Janes and LoMac. Yet, although I've come to expect incredible magic from ED throughout the years, this past week NTTR has me simply stunned.

I am SO thankful for the wonderful work ED and the famous Third Parties have done.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...