DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

So probably the last good fps are lost in VR ? ....

I have to admit my first thought was also if all that detail will turn landings into a choppy mess :)

Still, a really awesome trailer and needless to say, can't wait for its release.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Man if this is not a money maker for ED/DCS I don't know what is! Outstanding job to the team that worked on this module and probably one of the best video I've seen on a project initial look. Great job looking forward to the release.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

So its my understanding If a server uses the new carrier and you don't have it you can join that server but, you cant land on the boat and thus you would also not be able to spawn onto the boat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

but, you cant land on the boat and thus you would also not be able to spawn onto the boat

I wonder how this would be enforced.

My suggestion would be that such cheeky players get assigned a hostile IFF code while within a certain distance from the carrier and as such would be bumped to the top of the priority list of the closest CIWS station.

The distance should be as small as realistically possible so they can still approach and admire its beauty (as prospective buyers), but that they could still be reliably shot down if perceived to make a break for a last second sneaky landing attempt.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

My biggest question is are the crew interactive?

If you're off to one side on approach to a catapult, do they correct your alignment with hand signals or is it just a static animation that's played regardless of your position?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Well I see no Cleanong Stations, no mustering of all E3 and below for working parties, no FOD Walk, or even the desperate last minute search for an Air Plan cartoon. I hate these EA modules with their lack of needed features.

PS. I can't wait to throw my money at this and get under way.

Well I see no Cleanong Stations, no mustering of all E3 and below for working parties, no FOD Walk, or even the desperate last minute search for an Air Plan cartoon. I hate these EA modules with their lack of needed features.

PS. I can't wait to throw my money at this and get under way.

Besides, the shooter doesn't direct aircraft. They've overused that vest quite a bit. Also not convinced the troubleshooters weren't too far aft on launch, but it was hard to tell from the angles.

It's WIP, so small tweaks like that are likely to get fixed. What concerns me is how much trouble I get into making turns past the gate. Will there be animations of screaming alphas landing in the water? Hopefully there's no machine learning or AI that keeps track of your record...

Given the amount of work, and level of detail, I expect this will be a fairly expensive module. Still less than the $6B the Navy pays, and I get an unlimited supply of F-14s and F/A-18s as an added bonus.

Beautiful...Nice work GA...

Bring it!

Would be great if next week’s Newsletter announces “The Super Carrier Module Preorder is available at the ED Store!”

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Wonder if the Hornet pilot animations will be updated to be similar to Heatblur’s Fantastic F-14 pilot salute? It’s gonna be so disrespectful if Hornet drivers can’t be seen saluting like the Tomcat drivers, they’re gonna get a bad reputation (and the shooters and hornet pilots will have to use ESP to know when they’re ready to launch!!)

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

Hope the elevators come too, too stall the iron under the deck :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

With all these hand signals happening around you, wouldn't it be nice if VR controls were available to interact with the crews with your own hand signals.:noexpression:

BTW, anyone knows of any work being done in that direction... anywhere?

Sounds tedious to have to use multiple commands for multiple hand signals. I would be happy if the pilot animations were at least on par with Heatblurs F14 pilot. Thats all I need but thats just me.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Near tears at work. That was incredible. As always, GA did another amazing job with the trailer.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Supercarrier Video

Just saw the Supercarrier video. It looks amazing. That's going to really bring to life the Hornet and Tomcat recovery simulations. Case 1 etc has been something I have really enjoyed. The challenge is on par with A2A refueling and so rewarding when you get it right.

Great stuff ED. Can't wait to get my hands on this module.

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/videos/494460817831608/