Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

The lot 11 and below aircraft can still conduct attacks at night, they were just not optimized for that mission. The lot 12 and above have NVG compatible cockpits among other upgrades to improve their overall effectiveness. The NVG's enabled the pilot freedom of maneuver. Before the NVG compatibility a pilot had to use the FLIR pods to look around in the dark... which is not optimal in a combat environment.

That still shows how night and all-weather attack was still pretty much a work-in-progress until fairly recently. It says a lot when specific squadrons, particularly the A-6 and USMC Hornet squadrons were often designated with an "(AW)," to denote all-weather capability.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OV-10 BRONCO with carrier ops!

Now that the Tomcat is confirmed my next want is the OV-10 Bronco. OV-10A, OV-10D, OV-10D+, and OV-10G+.

I second this! OV-10 BRONCO must be future add-on module to DCS World with carrier ops!

Now some videos:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 2 weeks later...

So what happened to AT-802U?

Is it still in development? Scrubbed? What?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I think he meant our Disney collection :D

2s9aEFH.jpg

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

seriously, will we ever see it?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Can't believe we don't have an F-16 yet. Such an iconic aircraft, getting a second life around many other air forces around the world now.

My vote is for the Falcon.

Same Here, a MLU would be great :thumbup:

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't the A-29 Super Tucano be a bit of fun? It looks like the airframe of the Mustang fitted with the technology of the A-10c.

interesting article at vice.com "The WWII-Era Plane Giving the F-35 a Run for Its Money"

some images from that Vice article

1442575905952464.jpg

1442576575922535.jpg

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wouldn't the A-29 Super Tucano be a bit of fun? It looks like the airframe of the Mustang fitted with the technology of the A-10c.

interesting article at vice.com "The WWII-Era Plane Giving the F-35 a Run for Its Money"

some images from that Vice article

1442575905952464.jpg

1442576575922535.jpg

I am a very big fan of this plane and of Embraer S.A. Embraer S.A. created a lot of great high paying jobs to Florida. The Super Tucano itself is a very cool plane. The counter insurgency role that it performs is a very interesting role, too. I would absolutely purchase and love to sim fly the Super Tucano. :thumbup: MJ

uhm... no

i don't get this fascination with random obscure airframes that maybe oh say eleven people are interested in

No offense to you intended... but just because you don't find an aircraft interesting doesn't mean others won't. Look at the C-101... it's a trainer with no weapons capabilities and yet people seem to be having a ball in it.

And in all fairness, the Super Tucano isn't exactly "obscure"... we (the US) just sold a whole bunch to Afghanistan for CAS purposes (at which it is quite adept and very effective!) I think it would add a very unique capability to the lineup

I, for one would love to see it!

Edited by ggerman

uhm... no

i don't get this fascination with random obscure airframes that maybe oh say eleven people are interested in

It's hardly obscure. I'm happy to see almost anything made to DCS standards personally. I'd buy the Super Tucano in heart beat. In fact, we're getting the Shorts built version of the Tucano (RAF trainer) from VEAO and I couldn't be happier about it... Neither could my 10 mates. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

F16C FALCON

Why does not anyone do F16C FALCON ?

Hundreds of people waiting for it.

ASUS SABERTOOTH X79

İ7 3820 3,6 Ghz

Zotac NVDIA Geforce GTX 770 GDDR5 2GB AMP Edition X 2 SLI

GSKILL 2133Mhz 16GB ram

Coller Master 2012 EVO Cpu Cooler

Coller Master chasis

High Power 1200W psu

Saitek X55 Flight Controller