Tanker Anchor Point?

boundless84

I'm working on a template for NTTR, wanting to have a tanker set up in the air - which I can do no problem. However, what I specifically am trying to do is have the tanker hold and orbit at a specific anchor point until the receiving aircraft approached to within, say, 5 miles, or 10 miles, and only at that point it would begin it's larger race-track orbit to conduct the refueling operation. However...I'm not sure how or if this is possible.

The reason I'm wanting to do this is so that a plane doesn't have to chase the tanker down a 50 to 70 mile pattern, but rather could know that the tanker will hold at a smaller designated anchor point/orbit until they arrive. Can this be done within the mission editor, or even with LUA scripting? I have some experience with the mission editor, but even less with LUA scripting - although I've been trying to learn some of that, playing with RAT scripts.

Anyways, hopefully that makes sense. Any advice/help is appreciated.

Well you could do circular orbit on wp 1 for x amount of time and racetrack on wp 2.then with triggers and flags push between the two waypoints.

That way you would'nt need the hold waypoint function?

(Or is the push wp = hold waypoint?)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk