A/A Mission - but AI trys to shoot from behind only?

BongPow3r

Hey guys,

I tried to build a simple Testmission to test some Air to Air stuff.

I've placed an F18 AI 30nm away from my aircraft, with a waypoint to engage me with a single AIM-9 or a different missile from the front. He flys straight towards me, but the AI is trying to get behind me instead of shooting It from the front.

I just want to test some countermeasures and want to dodge the missile, but I dont want the AI to fight me from my back

Is there a kind of workaround from this problem?

thanks

Hey guys,

I tried to build a simple Testmission to test some Air to Air stuff.

I've placed an F18 AI 30nm away from my aircraft, with a waypoint to engage me with a single AIM-9 or a different missile from the front. He flys straight towards me, but the AI is trying to get behind me instead of shooting It from the front.

I just want to test some countermeasures and want to dodge the missile, but I dont want the AI to fight me from my back

Is there a kind of workaround from this problem?

thanks

Hey there BongPow3r

Make sure he’s got some AMRAM and Sparrows and also set him to either Intercept or even better Fighter Sweep. Trust me he’ll come at you nice and hot.

:smilewink:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉