GERMAN VOICES

• 3 years later...

So, is it any German ATC/wingman voices for German planes? As a mod for example?

Edit.

I found this https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/2161798/ .

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yeah, I use these German messages, and added ground crew myself.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yeah, I use these German messages, and added ground crew myself.

this sounds cool. are you willing to share the ground crew files?

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

this sounds cool. are you willing to share the ground crew files?

Extract the folder "Ground Crew" into the folder "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Sounds\Speech\Sound\GER\Common".

Note: there are two messages I left in English since I didn't see much use for them: "HMS installed.wav" and "NVG installed.wav".

Best regards,

Hans

Ground Crew.zip

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

That whole folder structure has disappeared. I suspect that the structure is fundamentally changed so the mod is dead. I have posted the issue here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4212289&postcount=1

LeCuvier

BIGNEWY stated that sound mods must go to "Saved Games", but did not indicate folder structure. Trying to find a structure that works but no success so far.

LeCuvier

• 1 month later...

Also looking to get this mod working again. Right when I decide to try the Jagdflieger campaign...

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

So in sound mods prior, you had general sounds in the Sounds folder (as expected) and aircraft-specific sounds in their respective Mods folder (gotcha, makes sense if you own that module). So now that all custom sounds need to go in Saved Games, here where it gets a little tricky. You'd expect aircraft-specific sounds to go into Saved Games\DCS.xxx\Mods, but not anymore. Now those sounds needs to go in Saved Games\DCS.xxx\Sounds in the same file structure as-if it were in the aircraft-specific Mods folder.

Fella on mods forum

going to see if it works

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

I'm going to mess with it too.

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

So far no dice. I rolled back to 2.5.5 to play the Jagdflieger campaign with some semblance of performance on my rig, so I have the additional benefit of the old sound system, but still interested in having a version that works with the latest version.

Or, it would be great if ED natively had german voices for the Third Reich country choice.

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Here neither. I did succeed in getting the sim to recognize a couple of modded soundfile directories per se, but that only resulted in all speech getting muted since it doesn't seem capable of handling straight WAV files anymore. I don't know, maybe I should try with OGG files next just to see if those are recognized...

EDIT: Also see the config file attached, the paths are defined there.

_index.lua

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I've given up trying. I suspect that there is no provision for handling the German sound mods. Very frustrating to me that ED simply does not comment at all.

LeCuvier

Guys, I just thought of something. Since the modded LUA I posted mutes all speech, couldn't we just, say, catch the dialogue between the pilot and the ground crew as separate events, and then let those events trigger audioplay as needed? Would this work?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.