[X-S] Dynamic Mission Development - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-23-2019, 11:12 PM   #1
PravusJSB

Default [X-S] Dynamic Mission Development

This is not a wing recruitment thread, or server advertisement per-say, maybe a little of both and neither at the same time... As a group of friends we started development on a dynamic mission several weeks ago, with a thought out and engaging 3 phase story, with phase 1 at a point which takes a good team 15-20 hours to play we've started on phase 2, and now would like more slots to be filled so we can expedite the development of the latter phases. So please feel free to join our discord and contribute and experience what we've created. Warning, it's addictive... #

I'm(we're) following a few golden rules in developing this mission;

-The resources are limited, weapons and airframes, and this should be a reason to stay alive, bugout if you're at risk and conserve everything until its necessary to use it.
-The mission must be challenging and dynamic to a point, we don't want a Kobayashi Maru but it should be possible to fail.
-The environment should force teamwork to be successful
-There is a loose story that needs to be fleshed out, but this is not a generic 'training server', your action should have purpose.

The mission starts with Kobuleti as your base. You must work together to capture airbase assets which in turn will open up more resources and assets to enable strategic control the map. REDFOR will push back and ultimately you will need to secure Georgia then push into Russia however best you see fit. The mission is fairly well fleshed out until this point but further development is required in the Russian arena.

IMPORTANT Note: The server is not designed for 1 person, or two for that matter, due to the perpetual nature of the server and the way the threats come at you the server is set to pause when nobody is in it, please note that sat in spectators is classed as being in it.

Features include;
-Limited resources both airframes and munitions, and a realistic way of giving you new assets and moving them around the map.
-Auto resupply from Vaziani with DCS in built re-supply keeping airbases at a small % of the starting stock.
-Custom WH System allowing airframes and munitions to be distributed by players to where its needed.
-CTLD, EWRS & Manual JTAC.
-Base capture logic including ability to defend with SAM and troops and a realistic pushback by the AI.
-Dynamic arena with perpetual spawns, and a specific 'push' by the AI to control the map. No server restart is ever the same.
-'Side Quests' with Voiceovers and humour. Lots of Humour.

The mission is constantly under development and running 24/7

Discord: https://discord.gg/cEBbRx

Please bear in mind that we want to keep our community small so if you're not able to contribute we may free up your slot for others. The link above will open 25 slots.
PravusJSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:26 AM   #2
Ziptie

Beauty piece of work so far sir! Loving it.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:37 AM   #3
Sapper31

Is the server still going? I couldnt join the discord with that link.
Sapper31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:49 AM   #4
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper31 View Post
Is the server still going? I couldnt join the discord with that link.
We have currently rescinded open invites, as a member of the DCS community attempted a DDOS of our server. He has been dealt with accordingly, at least from our side, unknown if ED has done anything on their side. You can message me via Discord, check out your standing and see about an invite. My Discord name is the same as ED forum name.

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Old 01-26-2020, 02:37 AM   #5
Sapper31

Cool, I can't message you on Discord without your 4 digit tag number though. I'm 'Trashbag' McKee#7941
Sapper31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:12 AM   #6
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper31 View Post
Cool, I can't message you on Discord without your 4 digit tag number though. I'm 'Trashbag' McKee#7941
Copy, I will message you shortly.

Cheers,

Don