F18 MFD exports now work with a very quick tweak.

Cowboy10uk

MDIs dont export on top of main viewports it seems

Well, you'll just have to wait until exporting is fully supported.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the entire post by Capt Zeen

Works perfectly.....

Suzn6g.jpg

Great job !

May you share your Monitor config, so I can see a solution for me.

I have at my left side a TouchScreen monitor and in front my primary monitor, but I wasn't able to put the DCS exporting at left and sim in the center . .

Thanks !

Giancarlo

Great job !

May you share your Monitor config, so I can see a solution for me.

I have at my left side a TouchScreen monitor and in front my primary monitor, but I wasn't able to put the DCS exporting at left and sim in the center . .

Thanks !

Giancarlo

Sure....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3535090&postcount=79

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I can save you all tons of heart ache.. This will make your setups VERY EASY! and you dont even need to use the IPad version of this app. (if you want to you can)

http://simvc.com

once you install the server part it has a gui to config your screens

however everything works but my lines on the F18 arent clear on the MFDs

the A10c works fine tho! .

you just resize the windows and drag and drop them on the associated screens. easy peazy..

any idea about F18 redraws tho on the mfds? its like its off resolution...

Edited by maestro72x

The Windows app for the controllers allowed me to do that when I clicked on the third MFD. Also did it for the fourth MFD. So I have all 4 numbered 1 to 4 in windows.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Did any of you guys have issues with the hornet? The a10c works fine but hornet the displays are funky.. like its not drawn properly.

Same here all three working, but I think the Hornet situation is a WIP, hopefully, it will be adjusted/fixed soon.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

When you guys say "the lines aren't drawn properly". If you mean too thin and hard to read, there is a simple .lua edit to fix that. I'm on my phone and don't have it handy but go check out Capt_Zeen thread in Input/Output section

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

When you guys say "the lines aren't drawn properly". If you mean too thin and hard to read, there is a simple .lua edit to fix that. I'm on my phone and don't have it handy but go check out Capt_Zeen thread in Input/Output section

That "simple" fix isnt a fix at all. It'll mess up your HUD and in-game DDIs.

You either get good looking in-game displays, and bad looking exports. Or bad looking in-game displays (cant even see HUD), and good looking exports.

Any option or program to export the mfd's to a second computer with touchscreen ?

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TARGET only programs 2 MFDs...So #3 has to be done in game under controls.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

That "simple" fix isnt a fix at all. It'll mess up your HUD and in-game DDIs.

You either get good looking in-game displays, and bad looking exports. Or bad looking in-game displays (cant even see HUD), and good looking exports.

this is not my experience at all.

When I first exported the DDI's and AMPCD, the only issue was very thin unreadable lines and text. By tweaking the line in the .lua file, the lines were thickened and visually "normal".

This had zero effect on my HUD display.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

Cant get my 3rd MFD to show up in target software. They are all on their own channel now. Doesnt work in game either.

Update the drivers for the Cougar MFDs, and select the properties in Windows to it make the third option. The option for more than two MFDs, is available in the latest drivers.

Capture.PNG.2123878b81559c21317a094650685e57.PNG

Regarding Target, that option isn't available yet. It has been brought up with TM, I suspect it be in an upcoming release.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Funny...I did stick to a 1 screen setup with the Hornet until just after the last update when Wags said exporting DDIs should work now.

So I gave it a try after the update and simply switched from „1 screen“ to „Camera and RMFD“, adjusted the resolution to cater for my 2nd screen (800x600 8“ display) and adjusted the corresponding lua file in the monitor setup folder.

And it works like a charm! No other tweaking required, no thin lines, no issues with any other indicator. It works and looks exactly as it did for me in the A-10C.

(Unfortunately, the higher resolution that my graphic card needs to render now coupled with a complex mission and many objects and triggers and stuff brings my rig to its limitations. So I figured unless we have the ATFLIR I don‘t use the second screen as the impact on performance for me exceeds the benefits. That will definitely change when a targeting pod arrives since then I will be much more head down in the cockpit and then the ATFLIR image on a dedicated external screen will definitely become necessary. Maybe by then I have upgraded my rig too...:music_whistling:).

If you had MFD's working using the Zeen work-arounds, eliminate those and restore DCSW to original state. MFD exports now work naturally. Be sure MonitorSetup script is using LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD viewport labels.

Thanks, this was it, appreciate the assistance guys.

(Unfortunately, the higher resolution that my graphic card needs to render now coupled with a complex mission and many objects and triggers and stuff brings my rig to its limitations. .

Do you have it configured so that the only displays rendered are on your second monitor? (i.e. - the MFD's on the in-game cockpit are left blank so that your pc isn't rendering the mfd twice)

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Do you have it configured so that the only displays rendered are on your second monitor? (i.e. - the MFD's on the in-game cockpit are left blank so that your pc isn't rendering the mfd twice)

No, I don‘t. I thought that was actually more a bug than a feature. Anyway, the way hiw I understood the issue is that the graphic card has to render each pixel of the resolution that you tell it should - regardless whether there actually is something to render or not. So in my case, my 1 screen setup has a res of 1920x1080, so there are roughly 2 million pixels to render. The second screen has a res of 800x600, bringing the total to 2720x1080 (side-by-side setup).

I always thought the video card has to render the full 800x600 pixels even though I only „use“ 560x560 pixels of it for the DDI display. If that is true, I don‘t think I will get a benefit from not displaying the DDI on my main monitor as well, will I?

Edited by Hog_No32

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys,

used my a-10 export file and worked like a charm

how can i export my 3rd mfd? what is its label name?

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5