DCS WWII Rewards

Wags

Been following this from work and home. Just now have I had a chance to compare what I was first promised to what I will now receive as of now. As far as I can tell not much of a change, I am in the $250-499 tier.

What would be of interest to me is how the gifting part will work as I will receive two keys for each aircraft. Of course I'll keep one key for each aircraft and gift one, the hat and calendar might appeal to me oh wait a TFC Polo Shirt, not a tee shirt hum.....will keep the shirt also:thumbup:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post

That is where Alpha starts under the new structure.

Feels kinda "meh", but whatever... Nevermind.

Just a note here that it seems after Wags revised the first post a tidbit, that there is no Alpha access for any of the airplanes, only for the Normandy map (starting at $140).

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

I am a $50 backer, and, frankly, I am not thrilled by this outcome. I admit I have not been following the saga closely, but I now see that my originally promised 6 planes, a map and alpha access has now become 2 planes and a map.

While I understand the argument that the Kickstarter was with RRG, not ED, I think that is a bit disingenuous. The Kickstarter page for the project clearly stated (and still states) "The project is a joint venture between RRG Studios and Eagle Dynamics," and the press release for the project stated "Legendary flight simulation designers Ilya Shevchenko, Igor Tishin, and Matt Wagner are excited to announce an upcoming Kickstarter campaign for a new WWII flight simulation being developed for the PC." In addition, the reason I even found the project in the first place was a big post on the DCS homepage.

I do respect ED's position that the original reward structure was unsustainable and needs revision, and I am generally fine with that as long as I don't feel like I am getting shafted. I have historically been a huge ED supporter, and have bought every module (sometimes multiple times) whether I have interest in them or not. I think I would be a lot happier if there was some sort of credit for the $10. I think the best solution would be if there was a way to put in an extra $10 and get bumped to the 3 aircraft level. A less ideal, but still reasonable, solution might be to add a $10 bonus credit to the rewards account of the affected backers.

Regardless of what happens, this was my first, and will likely be my last, experiment with crowdfunding.

• Like 1

You will get a number of aircraft selection slots based on your contribution level as listed in the list below.

I donated $ 100, but I want again to reacquire aircraft. Please add the ability to abandon my awards.

Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 /i9-12900KF /64 Gb- G.SKILL Trident  DDR4 4000 МГц / Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GameRock 8GB /Corsair HX1200 1200W 

DCS A-10C Обучающий урок "Концепция HOTAS" (RU)

DCS P-51D Руководство пилота

Обучающие миссии для Ми-8 (Радиооборудование)

I would really want a voucher for my $10 pledge or an option to "update" my investment to $20 - "Bronze Backer credit in manuals" it's ridiculous.

Edit: Base on Kickstarter project page there is more than 300 people in similar situation.

Edited by CaldurSeer

What about aircraft alpha access? My pledge was to specifically get alpha on the planes. Also, why no 262 in the aircraft selection? Is it just planned too far out?

Alpha seems to be removed for airplanes completely, if I'm reading Wags post correctly.

Don't know what you mean about the 262 though, it's still there and it will be a selectable airplane.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Alpha seems to be removed for airplanes completely, if I'm reading Wags post correctly.

Don't know what you mean about the 262 though, it's still there and it will be a selectable airplane.

Oh, i seem to be mistaken. Regardless ED is being quite generous to offer so many of us a number of $20 planes so I am quite grateful, alpha access or not.

I would really want a voucher for my $10 pledge or an option to "update" my investment to $20 - "Bronze Backer credit in manuals" it's ridiculous.

Edit: Base on Kickstarter project page there is more than 300 people in similar situation.

I totally feel you. While the higher level backers have to give up a lot what was promised to them, they at least get some kind of recognition for being a backer in a project that many had doubts about. Lowest level backers were promised three planes and now get nothing at all, despite backing this RRG-ED joint venture that ED will turn into a profitable product now.

Edited by Dogz

Now that I think about it....

There's one HUGE downside of this.

I have to CHOOSE!!!!111oneoneeleven. :D :D

I'm terrible at choosing. What if I don't choose wisely? Should I choose the first planes to be released or the ones I like most? What if I like all of them?

You don't have to choose, the only right choice is the P-47D :D

Any idea how much the planes will cost for non backers? I would assume the same price as the FW and the P-51?

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Any idea how much the planes will cost for non backers? I would assume the same price as the FW and the P-51?

This was already confirmed... Full price of individual planes will be $50 per module (possibly $40 if they keep the pre-purchase discount the way they did it with Dora).

This is great news. It's not what I 'paid for' in the KS but once RRG blew out that was never going to happen. ED stepped in and took the project on and,yes, they are in it for the profit (no profit we do not have a sim). They also did it for us, the users, and have proved that by listening to our concerns regarding the choice of backer aircraft. Thank you ED for listening and for the compromise.

The only problem now, as has been mentioned is I have to make choices.

I used to be indecisive, now.....I'm not so sure.